xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1 Red Light 103 Error On Jtag  (Read 89 times)

Misterturtle

• Archived User
1 Red Light 103 Error On Jtag
« on: January 23, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »

So i jtag'd a zephyr. Got it working all fine and dandy...for a while. Now it is displaying 1 red light on boot up. And the secondary error code is 103.

Does this mean its a bad solder job? Cause it worked for a bit before. Or is something else wrong? Anyone had this problem before?

There is nothing displayed on the screen. It takes about 5-8 seconds to red ring from boot up.

Ive tried booting it into xell also(by pushing the eject button right?) and it still red rings.

Misterturtle

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »

I checked the solder points, doesnt seem to be a problem. Should i resolder them anyways?

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 12:13:00 PM »

You sure the error is 103? Not 1033. If it's 0103 then it's a GPU error (ie normal rlod), if it's 1033, then you're suffering from the Zephyr and XBR bork - not all of the Zephyr's like XBR in a nutshell. You ca try flashing the Falcon version of XBR to it and see if it'll boot. If not wait on, and there should be an updated XBR hopefully coming out to address the issues......

DarkSabre_X

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 07:27:00 AM »

Mine is a Falcon that booted after i flashed xbr but when i went to turn it off and reboot it gave me the 1rrol and err 1033. i checked the jtag connections and they look fine but i do have some slack wire from j2d2.2 to the rol pin 6. could that cause the issue? it wont even let me boot into xell either

*edit*
the original nand dumped with no issues and no errors so i don't think it's a bad dump. And XBR did boot and worked for like an hour. it only started acting weird when i turned it off.

This post has been edited by DarkSabre_X: Yesterday, 03:30 PM

Looouky

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 10:06:00 AM »

I have 103 on rrod fixed xbox, when i clamp the xclamp too tight, it was causing a short, so check for solder splashes and shorts near those two caps by the gpu heatsink.

DarkSabre_X

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 08:09:00 PM »

yeah turned out that the wire under the MB was squished so i just tightened the slack and resoldered a few points. Better than new!!!!!