xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Media X Menu 0.9e (beta)  (Read 536 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9e (beta)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2003, 04:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (Barca @ Jan 31 2003, 08:19 PM)
Just wondering what size the WMV files (used instead of screenshots) has to be?
(I think the size used in menux is 260x195.)

If they are like 340x290, will they be auto-resized to fit inside the standard frame?
If not, are there any WMV resizers out there?

It resizes it. The images can be 640x480, if you like.

Bear in mind, if you use a WMV, smaller ones will require less bandwidth.

I've had a couple videos running simultaneously on a screen (used a video as a background in the skin, and one for a screenshot).

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9e (beta)
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2003, 07:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (Barca @ Feb 22 2003, 10:12 PM)
How do you get rid of the intro movie, and that "skyes" thing when booting up?

Just want it to boot straight to the menu...

You don't get rid of the "sky thing" - that's an init screen (as well as some due credit).

The rest of the comments regard version 0.9g, the LATEST release:

HOWEVER, you can simply set the TitleDelay to '0' to eliminate the Title Screen (The swirling thing in the default skin) - That is in the MXMReadMe.txt, BTW.

With the included app (new to 0.9g), MXM_Patcher, you can CHANGE the "sky thing" to a Matrix backdrop (actually, the default with that release).

There is a detailed explaination about the init screen in the version 0.9g MXMReadMe.txt

StrongBad

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9e (beta)
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2003, 05:46:00 PM »

MXM is VERY nice.. but i have only ONE gripe!  Is there a way to allow the background music play continuously?  The sound from a wmv in the foreground (screenshot foreground, that is) overrides the background music sound until you deselect it.  So the only way I can have continuous background music is if I only use still photos for games.. but I want in-game WMVs!!!  Please advise me.  I'm tailoring my skin day and night and this is holding me back.

I suggest you let both the sound from the background and any foreground wmv sound from screenshots mix together.  Not one override the other.  That way, if i want to keep my background music with no foreground, I just encode a preview wmv without audio.

Thanks.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9e (beta)
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2003, 05:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (StrongBad @ Feb 23 2003, 09:46 PM)
MXM is VERY nice.. but i have only ONE gripe!  Is there a way to allow the background music play continuously?  The sound from a wmv in the foreground (screenshot foreground, that is) overrides the background music sound until you deselect it.  So the only way I can have continuous background music is if I only use still photos for games.. but I want in-game WMVs!!!  Please advise me.  I'm tailoring my skin day and night and this is holding me back.

I suggest you let both the sound from the background and any foreground wmv sound from screenshots mix together.  Not one override the other.  That way, if i want to keep my background music with no foreground, I just encode a preview wmv without audio.

Thanks.

In the <MAIN> section of MXM.xml, set <AllowVideoSound>No</AllowVideoSound>

This should disable the video sound.

It will be more flexible in the future.... sorry for the inconvenience.

StrongBad

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9e (beta)
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2003, 06:11:00 PM »

Yeah, I'm an idiot for missing that xml element tag in the readme.  Thanks so much, it works!!  Although, the mix feature would be great.  

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9e (beta)
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2003, 06:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (StrongBad @ Feb 23 2003, 10:11 PM)
Yeah, I'm an idiot for missing that xml element tag in the readme.  Thanks so much, it works!!  Although, the mix feature would be great.

Well, that will hopefully happen in a future version.... once the new skinning tech is in place.  biggrin.gif

StrongBad

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9e (beta)
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2003, 11:32:00 PM »

BenJeremy: check your private msg
Pages: 1 [2]