xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Adding A Fan  (Read 285 times)

Gnagy

• Archived User
Adding A Fan
« on: August 01, 2010, 06:14:00 PM »

When adding a fan and getting the power from the DVD power 12v Supply what are the issues or problems that may occur? Will it ban my xbox from live? The fan I put ontop of the GPU heatsink heatpipe section thats comes off of it. The fan works fine and the DVD drive has no issues. But i haven't played or hooked it up to live. I have spare DVD power harness in case i would have to put it back together.

brandogg

• Archived User
Adding A Fan
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 06:29:00 PM »

Possible issues = killing the drive and/or the southbridge, highly recommend to not use that as a power source.

johnyblackout

• Archived User
Adding A Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »

If I'm not mistaken there is a source underneath the MOBO right where the power cord plugs in on the back there's at least 4 spots where you can get a 12v source. I have a XENON though...

Gnagy

• Archived User
Adding A Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(johnyblackout @ Aug 8 2010, 12:28 PM) View Post

If I'm not mistaken there is a source underneath the MOBO right where the power cord plugs in on the back there's at least 4 spots where you can get a 12v source. I have a XENON though...

There is but i wanted a solder less way. Anyways I thought my xbox was lagging (on mw2 while having 4 bars for connection) cause of overheating GPU turns out it was the old hub i have so i replaced it with a 3com 24 port hub and works great!