xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Big Problem Gpu Is Missing 2 Chips!  (Read 231 times)

Arakon

• Archived User
Big Problem Gpu Is Missing 2 Chips!
« on: October 20, 2008, 12:47:00 PM »

it takes some serious heatgun-overkill or violence to break those off. and chances are the contacts are damaged too. I doubt this is fixable.

Chimp5000

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 06:49:00 AM »

That is ridiculous.  How does someone manage to do that?  Definitely done on purpose.  If I were you I'd part it out, no way that is fixable unless you are "THE" god at soldering.

Arakon

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »

yeah, MS will certainly not notice a gigantic blob of a different thermal paste all over the GPU.

(v)ousey 2008

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 10:38:00 AM »

lol well scraped the idea ov covering it in thermal paste also its know back together with a new warranty sticker with it still show the rrod im goin to take my chances and send it off pmsl i aint got anything to lose the console aint that old and microsoft are stupid enough to cover rrod for 3 years so i just hpe the mebs swap out the board cos its giving fault 0002 network interface fault??? as and when i hear back off microsoft ill let you know what happens

(v)ousey 2008

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 12:02:00 PM »

well a bit the bullet and got in-touch with microsoft. about a console repair. sad.gif  booked a slot sent it off to frankfurt germany on 10/10/08 and today 19/10/08 sure enough ups where at the door with a nice new refurbished elite with a nice new 1 year warranty and new warranty sticker and supporting letter stating that they found that the dvd and motherboard required attention and due to the run up to christmas they have replaced them with brand new parts free of charge pmsl at microsoft 1-0 to the modders  laugh.gif  least there trying with the new warranty stickers that peel off just as well as the old ones with abit heat!! ohmy.gif  so im know up another console and this cost me a whole week of waiting and £0.00p   cool.gif

pcexpert2

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 05:52:00 PM »

microsoft wont notice that dry.gif , I turned in my 360 with no heatsinks i still got it back fixed  biggrin.gif

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »

a warning for you both, warranty fraud is against X-S policy. enjoy the holiday