xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I Made A Big Boo Boo  (Read 936 times)

xnoelahg

• Archived User
I Made A Big Boo Boo
« on: July 14, 2007, 02:02:00 PM »

http://home.comast.n...ages/damage.jpg

That's the picture of the wound. I traced the traces in paint shop, and they lead from 2 capacitors over by the RAM to two spots by C4T37. Unfortunately, just soldering a wire to the two points didn't seem to do anything (possibly because the points are very small and maybe not exposed or something). I'm wondering how I should proceed, so if anybody has some insight, I'd be eternally grateful.

xnoelahg

• Archived User
I Made A Big Boo Boo
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »

Ok, I've gotten the broken connections fixed. I'm still getting the RROD, however. Is it possible that I've damaged soemthing else(since the heat fix doesn't seem to work anymore)? This is my prized japanese console, so I really don't want to throw in the towel on this one. Here's what I'm considering:

1) I have a banned US console. I may be interested in switching the necessary components to that mobo to revive this console, however this japanese console is unbanned. If I go this route(and only if necessary), I'd like to make sure that it has the japanese ID and not the (banned) US ID.

2) Pay MS to do it... Well, I'm worried about this. I have custom ports on the back (audio, composite, and VGA). I'm worried that they'd just send a refurb back, which would not only have my custom ports, but also that they'd send me a US console instead of a japanese one.

If anybody can help me figure which route might be best, I'd appreciate it.

Dr Donkey Kong

• Archived User
I Made A Big Boo Boo
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 07:13:00 PM »

you mentioned that perhaps the points are covered, did you take an exact-o-knife and make sure there is no wax attached? if you are positive about the connections then unfortunately i have no advice as your picture can no longer be viewed. peace.

nemo81

• Archived User
I Made A Big Boo Boo
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »

Picture isnt working, with that said, have you ohmed the connection to verify that the wire is making contact?

If you got connection (approx 0 ohm) then something else is busted.. What error code is the ring giving you?

xnoelahg

• Archived User
I Made A Big Boo Boo
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(nemo81 @ Jul 16 2007, 03:48 AM) View Post

Picture isnt working, with that said, have you ohmed the connection to verify that the wire is making contact?

If you got connection (approx 0 ohm) then something else is busted.. What error code is the ring giving you?

Yea, I checked the points with a multimeter. Basically, I exposed a bit of the line, and touched both ends of it.

The current error code is 0102, which it was reported to have when I bought it, but I had fixed previously with the heat gun.

http://home.comcast....ages/damage.jpg

That's the picture, btw (I spelled it wrong in the first post tongue.gif )

I did the heat gun trick right before I re-connected the 2 connections that were broken in the picture, but the RROD surfaces anyway (no partial boot). Either way, I think I might go ahead and try the x-clamp+AS5 fix and see if that doesn't help me.

xnoelahg

• Archived User
I Made A Big Boo Boo
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »

Now the error is 0020

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
I Made A Big Boo Boo
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »

Can I ask what exactly were you doing to make this happen?

xnoelahg

• Archived User
I Made A Big Boo Boo
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(LIVE Prophet @ Jul 20 2007, 08:37 PM) View Post

Can I ask what exactly were you doing to make this happen?

I was removing the x-clamp under the GPU and my hand slipped and stabbed the board sad.gif

Havok

• Archived User
I Made A Big Boo Boo
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 01:44:00 AM »

#2 is not an option because if you modded your console MS will not even fix it if you pay them.

There is nothing in the U.S. console that can be used to fix the other one.

If you can buy a new older system (with exploitable kernel) you can set the region code to whatever you want.

xnoelahg

• Archived User
I Made A Big Boo Boo
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 11:52:00 AM »

Ok, I played with it some more, and now I'm getting a 0102 error. I may fix this thing yet...

nfiniteFX

• Archived User
I Made A Big Boo Boo
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »

well the third trace in that line the top one looks to have been hit also have you tried to jumper this one to see if it was cut also?

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
I Made A Big Boo Boo
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »

Isnt the 360 PCB multi layered?

That wound on the mobo seems kinda deep, you could have hit a trace on one of the deeper layers of the board....

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
I Made A Big Boo Boo
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 12:03:00 AM »

So any progress lately?  Haven't heard from the topic creator lately...

SBEEZY

• Archived User
I Made A Big Boo Boo
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 01:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(nfiniteFX @ Jul 24 2007, 02:50 PM) *

well the third trace in that line the top one looks to have been hit also have you tried to jumper this one to see if it was cut also?

x2 thats what i was thinkin

iglitare

• Archived User
I Made A Big Boo Boo
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »

just forget it, u screwed it up...
XBOX360 mobo is of course multilayer.
that means fixing the 2 visible traces does nothing.
there are much more traces destroyed under the surface of the mobo...
Pages: [1] 2