xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Use The 360 Processors On A Pc  (Read 1879 times)

DrMadVibes

• Archived User
Use The 360 Processors On A Pc
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2006, 09:01:00 AM »

Can I remove my XBOX 360 CPU and put it in my Commodore 64 so I can run my games faster? .. hahah..

Closed way making your XBOX run like a pc is *lux OS project.. see other posts.

Filtrated

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2006, 01:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(IAmCanadian @ Aug 9 2006, 05:03 AM) View Post

the 360's cpu is BGA (ball grid array) meaning there are little balls of solder attatched to the cpu during manufacturing via sticky soldering paste, and then placed onto the mobo, and put into an oven for a certain time allowing the solder to melt and basically solder the cpu to the mobo.

making removal very very hard.

uhh.gif

Put it back in an oven to melt the solder off?

Da Mafia

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »

I would of thought that putting it in an oven hot enough to melt the solder would damage the components.

OpticNurv

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2006, 06:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(Da Mafia @ Oct 28 2006, 04:14 PM) View Post

I would of thought that putting it in an oven hot enough to melt the solder would damage the components.

well, all options considered you could try a hot air gun, but of course that could get very complicated, very quickly

karnak

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2006, 01:55:00 PM »

Dude it aint gonna happen.  You would have to practically build a mobo that would support the CPU socket AND there is no way you would get it to run considering the GPU is a chip and there are no PCI, AGP, or PCI-E sockets so no way of getting a graphics card..  Unless you can build a Xenos compatible motherboard with custom firmware that would support a PCI-E 3D card..  BTW this is beyond pratically everyone unless you are a computer hardware engineer or a VERY VERY good programmer....  

Just forget about it and play some games biggrin.gif

Aicd

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2006, 12:52:00 AM »

i question the l33t skillz of some of the people roasting this guy.  lots of people jumping on the bandwagon that think they are engineers after putting their uber sweet gaming machine together.

Aicd

DV8ORMODS

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »

well if there were anyone out there who could do this it would be the design team of the xbox 360,
and seeing that they have all the tools necessary to make an xbox it very unlikely they would even do it.
this thread goes to show how mans ideas out weigh ther technical abilities

X-hacker

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2006, 07:15:00 AM »

Just remember, everyone's allowed to have 'A Blonde Day' every so often (or in some cases, Ginger)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

sentinel0

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »

How is this thread still alive,  I contribute it to very lazy mods.  Anyway this will never work even if you did have a motherboard for it this PPC processor for the simple fact that the processor it's self it hard coded to work with components and GPU found only on the 360 motherboard not to mention the architectural reasons that I care not to divulge in.

jcdenton2003

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2006, 07:58:00 PM »

Jesus dude

Millenia1x

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2006, 02:33:00 AM »

what a waste of time

Methadon

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(IAmCanadian @ Aug 9 2006, 05:03 AM) View Post

the 360's cpu is BGA (ball grid array) meaning there are little balls of solder attatched to the cpu during manufacturing via sticky soldering paste, and then placed onto the mobo, and put into an oven for a certain time allowing the solder to melt and basically solder the cpu to the mobo.

making removal very very hard.

Actually, removal is pretty easy if you have the right tools. Goto your local electronics shop; There's plenty of ways to de-solder chips by hand, as well as easily re-solder them.

Methadon

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(sentinel0 @ Dec 19 2006, 02:35 AM) View Post

How is this thread still alive,  I contribute it to very lazy mods.  Anyway this will never work even if you did have a motherboard for it this PPC processor for the simple fact that the processor it's self it hard coded to work with components and GPU found only on the 360 motherboard not to mention the architectural reasons that I care not to divulge in.

I disagree. While the components it comes with may be the only ones it uses out of the box, we already know it has potential with the USB ports. We can also swap DVD drives simply by making sure the key is in there. We can stick with the CPU/GPU. RAM upgrade might be hard, but then again, it could be as simple as desoldering the RAM chips on the board, and replacing them.

sentinel0

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »

Methadon your an idiot I'm sorry did you not understand anything I wrote the cpu is a special cpu built just for the 360 it is a modified version of the PPC processor it requires special encrypted boot rom to even start up the cpu much less just make it work on another motherboard "if" you could find a 899 pin BGA mobo which i don't think exist wait the 360 mobo.  Going at the fact you pull a board out of your ass and you hacked the 2048bit SHA-1 key and wrote a boot loader to start the cpu's you would have to be phenomenal at porting a PPC flavor of linux.  The GPU would have limited access because you would need special drivers to make it work.  Yeah the ddr ram is pretty standard I suppose if you felt like it you could solder it to a stick but why ddr is pretty cheap stuff.  So good luck with this try doing some reading before posting your dumb ass comments.  And about the USB no shit USB is USB it's called a standard and for it to work you go by it.  The thing about the drives it does work in a pc woopdy do this thread is about the CPU/GPU ever working in a PC.  Please don't post again until you learn what the hell your talking about.  Thank you.  Have a nice day.

Millenia1x

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »

this thread is still alive
removing a BGA type cpu will almost always do considerable damage to the chip and the board UNLESS you are a true expert at de-soldering circuits AND requires some VERY expensive machines to do even that for someone who might be an expert but not sure they can do it
and to make things harder I'm pretty sure its a FBGA type which makes even that near impossible
i guess you have an 899 pin BGA motherboard in your dreamland also

i guess i can take 360 cpu and put in in my classic pong game

WTF

can somebody get a mod on this thread

don't bother asking about the ps3 cpu either

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4