xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Xbox 360 CPU Datasheet v1.5  (Read 1811 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Xbox 360 CPU Datasheet v1.5
« on: March 07, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »

Xbox 360 CPU Datasheet v1.5-- Posted by XanTium on March 7 13:20 EST
Speedy22 sent us a new document about the Xbox 360, his previous document contained detailed info of headers and connectors of the Xbox 360 motherboard, this new document contains a full pinout of the Xbox 360 CPU and some speculation about eFuse. CPU pin 6C and 6B appears to be an eFuse Power Supply enable and eFuse Power Supply line.

Download the public version of Speedy22's Xbox 360 CPU Datasheet v1.5 here (pdf, 0.2MB).

Gobelet

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 12:24:00 PM »

The last part of the document is kinda freaky, about the eFuses. If he's right MS can destroy your box remotely... Maybe to fry the console after a modchipping attempt. How... nasty and clever at the same time.

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »

Really cool..
QUOTE(Gobelet @ Mar 7 2006, 12:55 PM) View Post

The last part of the document is kinda freaky, about the eFuses. If he's right MS can destroy your box remotely... Maybe to fry the console after a modchipping attempt. How... nasty and clever at the same time.

Very true, though (deftly trying to avoid generic wannabe lawyer crap) I think it would be illegal for them to do that.

gehx

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Gobelet @ Mar 7 2006, 01:55 PM) View Post

my thoughts exactly  cussing.gif

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »

Can't wait for the rest!

MrBones

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »

Would somebody care to explain exactly what eFuse is?  I don't think I'm gonna like the explanation, but it would be nice to know.

JohnnyVegas

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »

It basically monitors the chips resources. If it detects "problems" or potential "problems” it can adjust other fuses to regulate itself... "Repair itself" some might say...

So if a part of the chip starts taking too much power or what have you the eFuse can catch it, turn on a few fuses and adjust it or regulate it before damage occurs.

In the article here... the author is simply saying, since the eFuse is present it can be controlled by software commands. So the POSSIBILTY of MS or someone else sending a code to "destroy" itself is present...

But as others may have said above... this is most likely VERY unlikely that MS would do this.

Ignore spelling please... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

mxeDiT10n

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »

UK's "The Register" gives a pretty good explaination...

http://www.theregist...8/02/ibm_efuse/

So now that we know its possible for MS to fry CPUs at-will, isn't this simply more evidence leading to the theory of an eFUSE being "blown" at the factory to completely disable the execution of non-encrypted data?...Or more simply, evidence showing that the Hypervisor cannot be disabled? (Without Hardware-modification)   huh.gif

beterthnyu

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »

Anyone that has had some dealings with satellite hacking can tell you exactly how much this sucks.

The DSS sat cards were fried on "black sunday" with a signal sent from Direct tv. Since the chip on the card is that decryptes the signal, they just put it in a loop by killing the first couple of fuses on the cards remotely. These chips could not be repaired, there were wrokarounds, but the cards couldnt be repaired. I assume the same could be done with these eFuses from what i have read.

This is a scary thought to know that this same thing could be done to our xboxs.

Direct tv gets out of it by saying that "you do not actually own the card you bought", just beacuse on the card it says "Directv has the right to do what they want to it, and that they actually still own it. It is not your property."

I dont know if there is any disclaimer like this from MS anywhere, but it would suck if there is.

We do not own the electronics that we purchase, how shitty is that?

frOOt lOOps

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »

this sucks. we should ba able to do what we want with the electronics we buy. that article on the register makes me angry. it says they are gonna put this in desktop pc's. now what is the RIAA gonna plant car bombs in our pc if we downlaod copy righted material. i have a serious problem when it says i no longer can do what i want with my electronics such as overlclocking or tinkering with my computers. well again MS and IBM/ intel. Maybee once again AMD will be smart and let people do what they like with the hardware that they buy. the 360 is a little different though because they don't want backups but they want to sell xbox live and other 360 related things.

mxeDiT10n

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 02:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(beterthnyu @ Mar 7 2006, 10:29 PM) View Post

...We do not own the electronics that we purchase, how shitty is that?

Purchasing Satellite equipment requires some sort of service in order to use the product (your dish). In this case, Xbox 360 do NOT require "service" in-order for the customer to "use" the product. Hence... when you have Satellite Television service, you are technically "leasing" the equipment needed for that service.

In this case, there is NO service required in-order to operate the Xbox 360. MS obviously wants Xbox 360 customers to use their LIVE service, but they cannot force it upon us. (I am not referring to any *updates* concerning the console itself... we all know about the updates required to play games). Besides, MS could also fry CPUs with code simply from a game checking for hacks/mods (remember, Speedy22 mentioned that these eFUSES have software-counterparts -> i.e. algorithms used to control the eFUSES).

So let's NOT turn this thread into a massive complaint or speculations about eFUSES... rather, a compilation of anything & everything we can discover about these little buggers.   smile.gif

modthebox.tk

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »

so I'm guessing at this point we have no idea on how to disable them? Because if we did it would end a lot of anger.

santium

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »

when i get home im going to install a switch on the powersupply to the eFUSE and see what happens.

cpi

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »

Add a switch for FS_VDD and an alarm for FS_Enable, so you know when someone is messing with your box.

CPI

halofun121

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 06:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(frOOt lOOps @ Mar 7 2006, 04:57 PM) View Post

this sucks. we should ba able to do what we want with the electronics we buy. that article on the register makes me angry. it says they are gonna put this in desktop pc's. now what is the RIAA gonna plant car bombs in our pc if we downlaod copy righted material. i have a serious problem when it says i no longer can do what i want with my electronics such as overlclocking or tinkering with my computers. well again MS and IBM/ intel. Maybee once again AMD will be smart and let people do what they like with the hardware that they buy. the 360 is a little different though because they don't want backups but they want to sell xbox live and other 360 related things.

I humbly agree! I don't understand why anyone would want to harm another's electronic equipment. I thought we own what we buy. What the hell is this? However, copyright material is copyright, remember that.

Anyway, this guy is on a roll! Keep up the good work! I don't even have an Xbox 360 yet, I still have plenty to get through in school! (State Testing, Spring Concert, etc. etc.). I'll be getting one for my birthday. In the meantime, maybe you guys can get this stuff figured out!
Pages: [1] 2 3