xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bought 1tb Hdd For My Jtag  (Read 190 times)

Jonthe838

• Archived User
Bought 1tb Hdd For My Jtag
« on: June 26, 2011, 03:34:00 PM »

Hi ! I just  bought a 1TB HDD for my Jtagged 360.
I am going to connect the HDD (3.5") via E-Sata, with the E-Sata HDD case mod, so it will be considered as "Internal", because it will be connected to the original HDD port, and has to work with NXE.
My first question is what program should i use to format the HDD to work with NXE.
The reason for this is that i want to be able to use DLCs and they wont work if i use the HDD as external (USB)
And what is the best way to transfer the content from my Original 20GB HDD to my new HDD without loosing anything.
I will get all of my cables that I ordered tomorrow and I will solder and install everything then.

BTW I was wondering, how big difference will it make to run the games from a 7200rpm Internal HDD in compare to the original and an External HDD?
thx

JL

Jonthe838

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »

I've got everything to work. the HDD is formatted with Freeboot. NXE detects it with 925GB Free memory. The problem is that i can't find it with my computer and can therefor not install the backup of my old HDD..
Does anyone know why ?
i tried to move a game between the harddrives but it got stuck at preparing and i had to turn of cuz i didnt have alot of time..
Maybe i've soldered something wrong but i can create folders on it and its formatted..
any tips would help !
Thx

This post has been edited by Jonthe838: Jun 27 2011, 11:29 PM

Khaine

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 05:30:00 PM »

I assume FreeBoot formats it with the filesystem specific to the 360 if NXE is also detecting the drive.

If so, that's why your PC can't detect it. It's a completely different filesystem, one that windows/linux/mac can't understand. I believe there is a special program that can read 360 HDD's... I think it's HDDHackr or Xplorer.

Either way you'll want one of those to transfer the data from your old HDD to the new.

This post has been edited by Khaine: Yesterday, 01:30 AM

Jonthe838

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Khaine @ Jun 28 2011, 02:30 AM) View Post

I assume FreeBoot formats it with the filesystem specific to the 360 if NXE is also detecting the drive.

If so, that's why your PC can't detect it. It's a completely different filesystem, one that windows/linux/mac can't understand. I believe there is a special program that can read 360 HDD's... I think it's HDDHackr or Xplorer.

Either way you'll want one of those to transfer the data from your old HDD to the new.

Yeah i know i have xport 360 and modio and horizon, none of them can fins it ? :s xport 360 foind my old drive and i mmade a backup of it with xport 360.
edit: seems to be nothing wrong with my soldering. Just transfered files between the hdds so ii guess it just needs more time to prrepare the file moving if its a bigger file..