xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Jtag'd Console And Disk Backups  (Read 167 times)

dave_birdi2007

• Archived User
Jtag'd Console And Disk Backups
« on: April 27, 2011, 11:18:00 AM »

Hey guys,

I have with me a JTAG'd Xenon console with FreeBoot 12611 Dash variant (v0.032?).

Anyway, it's a Xenon which has a TSST disk drive in it, but whenever I put normal backups that are on disk the console will just treat it as a DVD and display the "Please insert into an XBOX 360 console" message.

I'm currently having to extract each game .iso from disk and send over ftp as a Game On Demand package using  ISO2GOD, which as you might imagine is very time consuming.

I think this is down to the DVD Drive still having the original stock firmware, I'm planning on opening up the console and flashing the drive at some point but was just wondering if there was an "easy" way of flashing the Drive without having to open up the console. (I have JTAG'd the console afterall so can run my own code).

Has anyone gone to the trouble of making a DVD Drive firmware flasher for JTAG'd consoles or has no-one felt the need?

Thanks,

woody21_1

• Archived User
Jtag'd Console And Disk Backups
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »

drives still have to be flashed with either a pc or a device like the 360 lizard.
M$ are apparently flashing drives with the new beta dash so maybe in the future something will be developed for jtags to flash a drive.