xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Seagate 20gb Hdd  (Read 187 times)

hyfall381

• Archived User
Seagate 20gb Hdd
« on: April 16, 2011, 04:55:00 PM »

whats up guys. i got a 360hdd that wasnt recognized by the 360. i have no clue as to its history.  when i hooked it up to my pc using the xecuter hdd adapter, windows recognized it as a blank 20gb hdd.

so i opened it up and saw its a seagate.  its the st920217as model.

ive done some reading and even tried hddhackr to partition it and flash the hddss.bin to it, but the hddss.bin is not the right one.  i have 2 20gb hddssbins... one is from a wd drive, the other from a fujitsu.  

im not here to ask where to get the seagate 20gb hddss.bin file from (although im having a hell of a time finding one).

what im here to ask is for some help.  once i get that file, what do i do to get this drive ready for the xbox 360? after my failed attempts with hddhackr, i read its only for using wd drives  tongue.gif

has there been a similar program for other drives?  sorry.. i dont have much experience with 360 hdds.

any help would be great! thanks smile.gif

hyfall381

• Archived User
Seagate 20gb Hdd
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 09:32:00 PM »

well i had a spare drive that had the exact same seagate hard drive in it.  same size, model number, fw...everything.  i reformatted it fresh, then used xplorer xtreme 2 to make an image of it.  then i plugged the seagate drive that the xbox doesnt recognize and restored the image to it.  after, 360xplorer shows the drive and it looks identical to the working one.  but the xbox still doesnt recognize it!

anyone have any suggestions?  man..i really wish the guy who made hddhackr made one for seagate drives  tongue.gif

cfventure

• Archived User
Seagate 20gb Hdd
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »

Only WD drives can be flashed. If you have an original 360 drive that has been unflashed (for example by using your PC to format it) there is no going back. That hard can only be used as a laptop drive from then on.