xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hddhackr Compatible With Wd Scorpio Ide Model Beve; Confirmed  (Read 227 times)

strapmonkey

• Archived User

Probably should've mentioned the drive is a 250GB model.

I've played Doom 3, CoD 3, and loaded Halo ODST to the drive and then played ODST, all without a hitch.  As far as I can tell, the only thing lost in transition were the avatar images.  I can live with that.

I have a Thermalright SLK-900U coming in the mail tomorrow or the next day, when I tear down the case to install it to the CPU, I'll snap a pick of the drive and post.  As well as a pic of the Thermalright XP-90 I modded to fit the GPU and the aforementioned SLK on the CPU (off topic, I know).

strapmonkey

• Archived User
Hddhackr Compatible With Wd Scorpio Ide Model Beve; Confirmed
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »

Three days now, no problems with this implementation.  Halo 3 and ODST gave me no end of problems when I ran them from the DVD and with the original (and I do mean "original", think manufactured ca. 2005) Hitachi drive; at one point ODST even bricked my system for several hours, rendering the HD unreadable.  I installed both Halo 3 and ODST to the WD BEVE, and have played both through with no hiccups whatsoever.

Kudos to everyone that coded, hex-edited and wrote all the tutorials for this process.  Tried to find a MS branded 250 GB "old school" hard drive lately?  They're getting hard to come by.  And still spendy as hell when you do find them.