xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is My Hdd Genuine ?  (Read 69 times)

dangerouseddy

• Archived User
Is My Hdd Genuine ?
« on: January 15, 2010, 12:59:00 PM »

afaik you can only use hacked wd drives.  if that hitachi works in a normal xbox 360 (non jtagedd) then i presume its got to be an official one.

robo989

• Archived User
Is My Hdd Genuine ?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 04:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(dangerouseddy @ Jan 15 2010, 09:59 PM) View Post

afaik you can only use hacked wd drives.  if that hitachi works in a normal xbox 360 (non jtagedd) then i presume its got to be an official one.

It's genuine.

ignore the guy above he's talking shit. hacked\fake\homemade drives work on any xbox

Only drives that can be modified are Western Digital Scorpio ones...so if it's not that then it's 99% genuine. (I say 99% cus you can't be sure since it is possible to manually hack any drive to make it look genuine but nobody selling on ebay would do that and the hddhackr tool exists to automate the process which only works on WD drives)...

Besides you shouldn't be worried if you've got a fake WD are a far better company than Toshiba\Hitachi in terms of reliability wink.gif

I sell fakes on there myself and it gets right up my nose when some idiot pays $100 and expects a "genuine" 250GB drive.

dangerouseddy

• Archived User
Is My Hdd Genuine ?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »

i wasnt talking shit, just badly worded my post.  i said only wd drives can be hacked therefore the hitachi had to be a genuine one if it worked in a standard xbox 360.  a jtagged 360 will work with any hd and doesnt need the special ms signature etc. on there.

robo989

• Archived User
Is My Hdd Genuine ?
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(dangerouseddy @ Jan 16 2010, 05:12 AM) View Post

i wasnt talking shit, just badly worded my post.  i said only wd drives can be hacked therefore the hitachi had to be a genuine one if it worked in a standard xbox 360.  a jtagged 360 will work with any hd and doesnt need the special ms signature etc. on there.

Soz my bad, must have been half asleep and jumped the gun  unsure.gif