xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Have A Quick Question  (Read 89 times)

10camaross

• Archived User
I Have A Quick Question
« on: January 14, 2010, 10:55:00 AM »

I am planning on doing the JTAG hack and I want to get a new hard drive maybe a terabyte or so I just want to make sure that all I have to do is plug it in and it should work also it does not even matter which hard drive I purchase as long as it it formatted to FAT32.

Guy Montag

• Archived User
I Have A Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »

That's pretty much true for an external USB drive.  If you're replacing the stock hd on your xbox then it needs to be a 2.5" drive and the xbox can format it for you.

10camaross

• Archived User
I Have A Quick Question
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »

Well yea I want to use a SATA instead of a USB so you are saying it has to be a 2.5. Thanks I should have originally been more specific.

Also I really want to know if the size is no longer a problem like i am not limited to 20 60 120 250 correct.

This post has been edited by 10camaross: Jan 14 2010, 10:34 PM

kingpickle

• Archived User
I Have A Quick Question
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »

It doesnt have to be a 2.5" unless you want to use the official hd enclosure. You can use a 3.5" with the dongle from the official hd but you would need to throw the connector a 12v line. Or you can wire a sata cable directly to the motherboard. There's a tutorial here somewhere by frosty that's pretty easy to follow. Good luck.