xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 120gb Upgrade Mod (question)  (Read 115 times)

Technitian3

• Archived User
120gb Upgrade Mod (question)
« on: January 29, 2009, 01:53:00 AM »

An empty shell won't come with any of the mounting/shielding for the HDD or the connections, you need an original drive for those parts.
You still have to hex edit the drive to get the required partitions in place.

ZprivateZ

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »

I Just did this mod and did not have to hex edit anything, I flashed with hddhackr then formated the drive with the 360, then I went threw the inital setup and made an offline profile and the partitions were made for me, after that I connected to my pc and copied over my content folder only on partition 3 and I was good to go.

ZprivateZ

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »

I've had no problems playing what i have left for xbox games nor the ones ive downloaded from the marketplace.

ZprivateZ

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »

Yes it does when i first flashed my wd1200bevs drive and formated with the 360 then put the drive back in my pc to copy all my data over from my 20gb i only had 1 partition. So I put it back in the 360 formated it again then after formating I went threw the initial setup again choosing make offline profile. After doing that I put back in my pc to copy my data over and I had all 3 partitions and was able to copy my content folder over and was good to go. I never had to hex edit anything.

ZprivateZ

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 11:32:00 PM »

The only thing i copied over was the content folder on partition 3 and i had all my stuff, I would guess you could though.

ZprivateZ

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 09:45:00 AM »

No the only thing i copied over from my old 20gb drive was the content folder from partition 3, when I played a xbox game for the first time it had to get an update from xbox live.

wildwild

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 01:32:00 AM »

I think Xbox Live must have installed the Emulator in partition 2. Hopefully, they don't ban consoles with hacked HDD  ohmy.gif