xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X2.3b Lite Plus And Samsung 616t Dvd - Can't Flas  (Read 248 times)

N0B0DY

• Archived User
X2.3b Lite Plus And Samsung 616t Dvd - Can't Flas
« on: June 01, 2004, 09:59:00 AM »

I'm hoping sombody can help me.

I've read all the tutorials and and searched everywhere but I still must be doing something wrong.

I believe I have the chip installed correctly because I get the Cromwell 2.8 dev bios screen when I boot up with the chip enabled. When I disable it I get the regular XBOX dash and the games play fine.

I have a version 1.0 xbox and I downloaded the latest xecuter bios from xbins. I used the bios manager to create a 512k bios.bin file and burned it plus a 100mb dummy file using nero6 and a cd-rw. I've also tried a cd-r and a dvd-r. I took all the settings for nero from the Team Xecuter website.

When I boot up the tray opens I put the disc in and absolutely nothing happens. The "Please insert CD" or whatever it sats just keeps flashing.

I do hear the drive spin though...

Do I need to have a 1024k Bios file?
Does it matter if the bios.bin file is in all caps or lowercase?
Or does it just sound like a media issue.

Sorry for the long post...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

This post has been edited by N0B0DY on Jun 1 2004, 09:37 PM

oxjeremy334

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 10:06:00 AM »

I did it all lowercase, but nero transformed it to uppercase, but it worked.  I also burned a 512kb bios.  Make sure that the dummy file is named aaadummy, so it is at the beginning of the disc.

FlashKick

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 10:27:00 AM »

yeah, i used a 512k bios image as well. that way you'd end up with the x2 bios on one bank and cromwell on the other. it's good to go this way since just incase the flash goes wrong you could boot up with the cromwell and try again.
the only other thing i can think of besides the dummy file name that's already mentioned is that your chip might be on 'protect' or your drive(i doubt it, but it could be) isn't reading anything.

N0B0DY

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 02:37:00 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions fellas...I tried renaming the dummy file and it still didn't work.

At this point I really don't know what to do other than try other types of media.
I was under the impression that the 616t wouldn't give me too many problems.

I've erased and burned on the cd-rw I'm using about 7 different times...could that be causing a problem?

cjc

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 02:49:00 PM »

wink.gif

FlashKick

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

that shouldn't matter at all..
anyway, i use some pretty overused memorex cd-rw and they've worked on the philips, sammys and thomsons i've come across(cept this old thomson that couldn't read much).

N0B0DY

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 05:23:00 AM »

I booted up with the chip disabled and put a cd-rw with music on it and it read just fine.  I must be burning the disc wrong...even though I don't see how...As far as I can tell I'm following the instructions exactly.

FlashKick

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2004, 10:24:00 AM »

so the chip is installed correctly, when it's on you get to the cromwell screen, you're sure i't not set to protect, and your drive reads cd-rw, but it still won't work? like you said it must be the way you burned the cd? check other guides i guess..all i did was start up a mode1 regular cd from nero, make a new folder named 'new folder' and drag a bunch of crap in there to make the dummy space. then drop the bios.bin file in the root of the disc along with the folder and burn at the lowest speed. that's all i can think of now, hope you get yours up and running soon.