xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bios  (Read 1497 times)

therebelious1

• Archived User
Bios
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2003, 05:55:00 AM »

theres a few things i like about the x2 that you dont get with m7:
*it removes that god-awful m$ logo on the boot screen (i get really pissed off whenever i see that!)
*it has reliable IGR, whereas the M7 has nothing
*the previous release has a built in FTP server which is handy cos i dont have to make a boot cd when i fuck up my box

on the other hand, oh actually there is no other hand- explain why the m7 is better please

heinrich

• Archived User
Bios
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2003, 06:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (therebelious1 @ Nov 19 2003, 08:44 AM)
theres a few things i like about the x2 that you dont get with m7:
*it removes that god-awful m$ logo on the boot screen (i get really pissed off whenever i see that!)

You can patch your dash's xbe with logo-x to make it say whatever you want. (you can do this with an evox bios, the x2 bios over rides this logo with their own.
*it has reliable IGR, whereas the M7 has nothing

Most people use evox, which has IGR built one, one that returns you to the dash as opposed to reseting the xbox.
*the previous release has a built in FTP server which is handy cos i dont have to make a boot cd when i fuck up my box

Great feature, not a stable bios, use at your own risk

Also, many peopel find the Evox bios to be more stable in general.  Then again, MOST of use have chips where you can use both, and decide on our own.

EDIT: I am leaving this topic open for discussion, this usually isnt the case.  I will leave this 1 topic open until people start flaming groups/teams or each other.  If you have something intelligent to say, by all means post.  If you want to be childish and call people names, or bash others work, then please dont bother posting.

This post has been edited by heinrich: Nov 19 2003, 02:38 PM

Morglum

• Archived User
Bios
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2003, 09:08:00 AM »

QUOTE (heinrich @ Nov 19 2003, 03:22 PM)
Also, many peopel find the Evox bios to be more stable in general.

That is SO true, or atleast for me anyway. Ive had no end of shit with my xbox when i used an xecuter bios, games not working and xbox randomly locking up etc.... The moment i switched to using the Evox M7 bios all those problems went away, everything ran smoothly just how i wanted it, ive never looked back  cool.gif

I will admit i miss the xecuter IGR though, but since ive burnt all my backups on dvd and put my stock HDD back in, i have no real need or use for IGR, so it all balances out nicely.

OlDirtyJohn

• Archived User
Bios
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2003, 01:40:00 PM »

ive been wanting to try out the evox bios. i have been running the xecuter bios forever, and have never had a single problem.  and thats why ive been sticking to it. im stubborn ok.

Xboy_12

• Archived User
Bios
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2003, 04:10:00 AM »

hi,
I was wondering what Bios should I flash onto my Executor 2.2Lite...

1. X2 4977

2. X2 4978

3. EvoxM7

4. X2 4979

I hear the M7 and the 4979 are good...

Ecept when i downloaded the X2 4979 it came in two different 256k .bin files....
Is that normal, if yes how do i make my 1024k biod with them, do i just put both twice???

If not would you recomend the M7 (this bios can be loaded from a cd right?) for my executor 2.2 Lite???

Morglum

• Archived User
Bios
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2003, 03:03:00 AM »

Use the M7, its the best and to make it 1024K go and download XBtool, you can change the colours and stuff in it with that tool,then save the new output BIOS as 1024k.

Download XBtool HERE.

Xboy_12

• Archived User
Bios
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2003, 04:23:00 AM »

could i also use a program I have called Xecuter2 Bios Manager v1.1, the one you showed is kinda complicated. Will my program work as well?

Xboy_12

• Archived User
Bios
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2003, 04:25:00 AM »

and whats the difference between Evox M7 and Evox M7 Eject Fix, which one should i use?

Morglum

• Archived User
Bios
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2003, 04:35:00 AM »

The eject fix will stop the xbox resetting when you eject the dvd tray, if you use the other M7, the ejecting the dvd tray will reset the xbox like normal.

And XBtool isnt complecated, just load in you're BIOS, click the tab at the bottom saying 1024k, then click on save. Thats all it takes to make your 256k BIOS a 1024k BIOS.

chefelf

• Archived User
Bios
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2003, 06:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (Xboy_12 @ Nov 21 2003, 07:12 AM)
could i also use a program I have called Xecuter2 Bios Manager v1.1, the one you showed is kinda complicated. Will my program work as well?

Yeah I used X2BM to make a 1meg file.  It works fine.  Either way will work.

I just recently flashed a chip with 4979 and was very happy with it.  The new features seem really nice (including the dreaded MS clock fix).

camjojosh

• Archived User
Bios
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2003, 02:17:00 PM »

I've been using evoxD6 for the past few months with no problems at all. Very stable, plays all backups etc perfectly. Recently though, I have been considering upgrading to M7. Is there any point doing this?

Or should I take my own advise: "If it aint broke, don't fix it!"  blink.gif

Any comments would be appreciated.
Pages: 1 2 [3]