xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: New Ideas For BIOS Hacks  (Read 3570 times)

Lightning|Striker

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« on: January 02, 2004, 08:38:00 AM »

Id really like to see where you put a simple text file on C and it says whatever you want instead of "MS" or "ExecutorX2" under the X logo, and to be able to change the animation....that'd rock

82ross

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 04:48:00 AM »

I think the text under the logo is actually an image rather than just text, if im right then the best you could hope for is a program that can extract and inject your own image into the bios. Or they could remove the image (like you can with XBtool) and use something similar to the X3 OSD (On-screen display) to put your own there.

Cutriss

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 06:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ed_209 @ Jan 5 2004, 05:01 AM)
Ok ok, maybe I am just "dreaming"... but I think that would be the ultimate bios feature.   rolleyes.gif

Yep, you're dreaming.

This won't work for the same reasons that you can't firewall Xbox Live in the BIOS. There are other ways to do this, but they don't involve the BIOS.

{Sephiroth}

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 09:44:00 AM »

how about implemented password to turn on the xbox where you have a button combo? and the ability to make a custom start animation

Cutriss

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 11:08:00 AM »

QUOTE (alley @ Jan 11 2004, 08:02 AM)
I don't agree with you here. It wouldn't be needed to copy the entire game over to the HDD, if the game could only 'think' he's running from a real drive...

So this could be spoofed by the bios! the bios tells everyone there's an extra partition (since he's the one who's telling what partitions there are anyway), every request that is made to this partition could then be mapped over to a network share.

Same problem as with the BIOS firewall. No multitasking.

Scan-C

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2004, 07:23:00 AM »

don't know if it was asked already. search only tells me that it needs at least 4 characters.

real vga support in bios would be nice. like pixel8's but with mediacheck fix,igr and all the other stuff.

sulfur

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2004, 03:48:00 PM »

umm, what about support for a external usb hard drive, using it to boot games, accessories etc.?

warbeast

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (82ross @ Jan 3 2004, 01:48 PM)
I think the text under the logo is actually an image rather than just text, if im right then the best you could hope for is a program that can extract and inject your own image into the bios. Or they could remove the image (like you can with XBtool) and use something similar to the X3 OSD (On-screen display) to put your own there.

a long long long time ago there was a dos app to change the text with old evox bios's and it used a image but i guess it wont work with these new bios's.

fan2

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2004, 06:49:00 AM »

What about Xbox live stealth mode?

Would it be impossible to have the games see the Bios as the original MS bios to prevent them from detecting a modchip?

Or maybe something like media patch, just patching the check in BIOS for a memory address that is prepared to contain the original ms bios so the checksum is valid?

I'm not sure if this is possible but considering the latest Evox TSRs : a TSR could be watching for bios accesses and replacing the returned bytes in realtime for the real ms bios bytes...

I think this alone would be the single best BIOS feature of all.

Intensecure

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2004, 07:00:00 AM »

Agree - stealth would be a cool feature and not impossible, surely?

sulfur

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2004, 03:08:00 PM »

i would like to see support for like a .jpg to change the Xbox logo to whatever you create!

theplowking

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2004, 07:51:00 AM »

muhaha.gif

Kaiser Zero

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2004, 04:58:00 AM »

For Debug Bioses:

If the current bioses can patch media flags on the fly, could a debug bios be made to automatically patch retail xbe's to become debug xbe's when being run? I'm not sure how media flag patching works, but I wouldn't think it would be too much different. Thanks for your time.

Dolfhin

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2004, 01:46:00 AM »

What about a flicker filter setting in the bios? It would load a file from the HDD at startup or read the parameter from the EEPROM and patch the launched XBE on the fly. That way users with an old tv could get a flicker free display and users with a new tv could get an ultra sharp display.

It would add just an other must have feature for modchips!

monke

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2004, 03:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (Xeero @ Aug 14 2003, 01:26 AM)
Or those who have an X-key device would be one step closer to getting EvoX to boot if none of their CD-RWs and CD-Rs will boot in their Thomson. ::shrug::

My thompson will read any freakin thing I throw at it, Im serious, I ran out of cdrws so I was like what the hell, waste one cdr no big deal, burned evox on it to format an hdd, booted up with a blank hdd in. I was like HOLY  BEEp bEEP. I mean, I just swap that drive into all the xboxs I mod now so I can cheaply boot anything, its pretty nice.

Now onto the bios thing:

I really like that Idea of booting with a crapped eeprom, Im in a situation where that would be really nice right now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17