xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: How to modify your BIOS  (Read 2282 times)

Psilocybe

• Archived User
How to modify your BIOS
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2004, 09:22:00 PM »

just now saw this thread and figured it'd be a good place to put a plug in for http://psilocybe.emo...om/preset page/ which is a page that i am currently working on where you can view and download presets for xbtool

aerofx

• Archived User
How to modify your BIOS
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2004, 12:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (Psilocybe @ May 22 2004, 09:22 PM)
just now saw this thread and figured it'd be a good place to put a plug in for http://psilocybe.emo...om/preset page/ which is a page that i am currently working on where you can view and download presets for xbtool

How does the presets work?  I tried unzipping the files into the preset folder but I still can't see the color changes.

edit: nm I got it, it's under presets.

angelfly

• Archived User
How to modify your BIOS
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2004, 03:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (Helios @ Jun 20 2004, 10:50 AM)
Hey how do I update to the new X2 4983 BIOS? It isnt listed in XBtool so I dont know if it works.... I want to upgrade from my old shitty Xecuter2_4976.02_MultiVer_256k bios which was from the knob head that chipped my box.... I know its probably a n00b question but I just need to update

you flash it with any method available to you like evox, programmer, or cromwell flash bios. it's not supported by xbtool because part of it is encrypted so changing stuff like the logo colors isn't possible.

Helios

• Archived User
How to modify your BIOS
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2004, 10:50:00 PM »

OK cheers mate.... I am just going to use my custom made 4981.06 bios.... lol that will do

Chux

• Archived User
How to modify your BIOS
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »

All I want to do is change my boot logo's colors.  I've got xbtool, and the preview, but I don't know what to do with it after I make my changes in the preview program.

Ditomopyge

• Archived User
How to modify your BIOS
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2004, 10:02:00 AM »

I just downloaded the latest version of BIOS Checker v4.0b, from the homepage.  My antivirus found a trojan installer in the BiosScan.exe.  Has anyone else had this problem?

MrBones

• Archived User
How to modify your BIOS
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (Chux @ Jun 21 2004, 05:13 PM)
All I want to do is change my boot logo's colors.  I've got xbtool, and the preview, but I don't know what to do with it after I make my changes in the preview program.

Are you talking about using the Preset Maker to change the boot screen?  If so, all you need to do is save it and make sure it's in the Presets folder where XBTool is located.  Then when you start up XBTool, select the preset and you'll see the colors and boot options(TM, no ani...) change.

Psilocybe

• Archived User
How to modify your BIOS
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2004, 06:29:00 PM »

thanks, unfortunately the preset maker doesn't allow you to input any values, so you'll have to load them into xbtool and just modify from there

sncboom2k

• Archived User
How to modify your BIOS
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2003, 11:04:00 PM »

Since there have been MULTIPLE posts (including my own) on how to edit bios images to remove the animation or change the colors etc.  Thought I would whip this up to let everyone know about (and hopefully get it pinned)

XBTOOLS

It works great and is available here:

http://home.alltel.net/nghtshd/xbtool.html

You can change the colors, remove the animations, remove the text - a lot of stuff.
Enjoy
Sncboom2k

Changed URL to point to XBtool page, instead of a direct download of an old version. -Xeero

This post has been edited by Xeero on Jul 21 2003, 03:25 PM

gainpresence

• Archived User
How to modify your BIOS
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2003, 11:05:00 PM »

Also, You don't need the RC4 code for newer dual BIOSes (X2 4974+, Evox d.6+)..

w m z

• Archived User
How to modify your BIOS
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2003, 09:52:00 AM »

Quick How to With XBtool . . .

1. Open XBoxtool.exe
2. From File Operations > Open > select a virgin BIOS (previously unmodded)
3. Select a Boot Partition i.e. C: (this is where your evoxdash.xbe resides)
4. Select size of BIOS i.e. 256k for matrix (this is size of BIOS image after save)
5. De-select options such as trademark, dvd check etc (un-tick = do not want this)
6. Choose your colour scheme
7. Save as . . . (give relevent name i.e)  . . . D.6-blue-no-dvd-check (this is your custom BIOS)
8. Copy the BIOS MD5 value to clipboard . . . place in evox.ini so that dash displays your custom BIOS

pop.gif

GhostHavoc

• Archived User
How to modify your BIOS
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2003, 12:57:00 PM »

I was wondering if there is a way to change the big XBOX logo under the X (not the xecuter2). I know it is hidden somewhere in the BIOS. If you can disable it ... it can be change..

sulfur

• Archived User
How to modify your BIOS
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2003, 09:50:00 PM »

i am also wondering how to change the boot logo to a custom one, or how to extract the xbox 'x' logo replace it with something else, or even edit the 'x' logo.
are there any .bin extracting tools i can use?

Ricoh

• Archived User
How to modify your BIOS
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2003, 09:37:00 AM »

it would be nice if Xboxtool have a preview screen to see what the logo is gonna be like. I hate to select something, flash my chip and it turns out not the one I want.  Why not make it like Evox Skinner program ??

shadowjin

• Archived User
How to modify your BIOS
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2003, 02:56:00 PM »

um....if you read the readme file, he says he's workin on that.....geeze people....

-jin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4