xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Eekkk. Have I Bricked My Drive  (Read 159 times)

89c4l98

• Archived User
Eekkk. Have I Bricked My Drive
« on: October 05, 2006, 03:56:00 PM »

If you can not eject the drive once installed back in the 360 you broke the drive. You need to buy another hitachi and install your dvd key into the new drive  try the buy/sell/trade here and bong420 has a truck load of em

Spark

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »

Nope you're totally right, if the drives fucked and you don't have a backup you will have to get it off the chip.

Fready

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »

I have exactly the same problem.
And how am I supposed to get that code? Is there any tutorial about that?
And if I get the code, can I replace it with a samsung drive? Aren't there modchips to unbrick the drive?

Thanks.

PS: I am searching about these answers right now. I asked anyway because the answers are very short and will help me a lot smile.gif.

Fready

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 11:45:00 AM »

Can the chillifix modchip help?

Fready

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 07:39:00 AM »

I asked to chillifix creator:

"I've read in some forums that the chillifix won't solve bricking problems related to crossing wires method? What do you say?"

He answered:

"fready:

The crosswire method if done wrong, may put the drive in an emergancy state, which CAN be fixed with the chip. However, if a user shorts the drive and blows it up, nothing can fix it.

Im sending out samples to people who have this problem to test.

I cant seem to brick a drive using the crosswire method, and ive held traystatus pin to ground for over 2 days and it didnt damage the drive or brick it.

I am compling a FAQs and keeping everyone updated on this."

Maybe we, bricked Hitachi owners, have a solution.

mrbelvedere

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 03:01:00 PM »

I am in the same situation, except I have my drive key.  I wouldn't mind testing out thr chillfix chip, hell if It will work I am going to buy it anyway.

Fready

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 02:52:00 PM »

I think I discovered my problem. I crossed de +12VDC and open/close tray pins. Obviously the drive broke. I do agree that the xbox 360 pins photo in the GeeBee tutorial should be more clear so that the stupid people like me (and many others) do not cross wrongly the pins. I will try to fix it like humpadilly and see what happens:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=535157

santa09

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »

guys i can help all of you guys i had the same problem and a buddy of mine is the best and he helped me out. What you have to do is get a new board for the drive and then resolder the flash chip onto the new board. Thats what i did and presto it worked.
Pm this guy he will help from here.
G0t M4xx 21

smittykoi

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 07:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(santa09 @ Oct 22 2006, 04:36 PM) View Post

guys i can help all of you guys i had the same problem and a buddy of mine is the best and he helped me out. What you have to do is get a new board for the drive and then resolder the flash chip onto the new board. Thats what i did and presto it worked.
Pm this guy he will help from here.
G0t M4xx 21

Where do you get a new board from ?  huh.gif