xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Qemu Now Support Virtualisation  (Read 129 times)

desertboy

• Archived User
Qemu Now Support Virtualisation
« on: February 17, 2005, 10:15:00 AM »

http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/qemu-accel.html

While not the solution people are looking for might be enough to get 95/98 running at decent speeds only really useful for older programs/games but as soon as I bring my xbox back to life I'm going to have a go, carmageddon and grim fandango command me to.

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 12:00:00 AM »

I tested this QEMU-accelerator module. It's a good effort. :beer:

Unfortunatly, Windows 98SE generates a 'General Protection Error' after the first reboot of the installation. When I turned the module off, the installation went stuck at a BSOD.

However, the module seems to make things pretty fast. I will try newer versions once they come out. B)

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 12:48:00 AM »

Hey. Did you try installing it more then once? Just wondered if it was a glitch the 1st time around. I saw that new accel. plugin and wondered about giving that a try . Seems a workable solution now. I only need very basic functionality (USB drivers from my sprint phone/cable) so i can get directions and e-mail when i need it. Since i have my XBox in my car now using my wireless keyboard/controller, and a 7inch 16x9 lcd panel. And just don't quite like linux still. High learning curve. I'm doing ok now, but still not too convenient.