xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Via Vt6421 Help  (Read 105 times)

dawildpep

• Archived User
Via Vt6421 Help
« on: June 15, 2006, 04:53:00 PM »

Yeah! , I got it to work, this may sound crazy but it works if you are in the same situation I was in do this:

these are not my directions so I am not taking credit for them

- There is a timing factor regarding getting your 360 Drive to be recognized!!! I'm sure someone mentioned this already but I never saw it in my forum search perusals so it might be worth mentioning here. Here were my steps:

Power on your PC. Leave your 360 powered off with the SATA connection unplugged as well.
Once at the A:\ prompt (or equivalent), power on your 360
Approximately 4 seconds later plug the sata connection into your 360 drive (this doesn't have to be within 1/10th second accuracy but it wont work if you turn on your 360 then dawdle for a while)
If all is well, your 360's green power light should start flashing rapidly.
I had to use the /sata option to get mtkflash to work (mtkflash r /m /sata orig.bin), same with the firmware write.

Things to note:
I did not have to disable "raid mode" on my card. A helpful member told me that raid mode is disabled by default, which is good because my card's BIOS offers *no* indication on how to disable it.
There was no option to select master or slave. After I executed the mtkflash command, it was off to the races.
The firmware that was extracted was the EXACT same size as xtreme.bin. I doubt you'll have a problem with this but it's probably good to doublecheck to make sure you extracted it properly.