xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Broken Hdd- Want To Get Gamesaves Off Somehow.  (Read 267 times)

Rymez

• Archived User
Broken Hdd- Want To Get Gamesaves Off Somehow.
« on: January 11, 2006, 04:04:00 PM »

Hi Mate,
I have been able to pull basically all data from the hard drive with the new FATX support.
I don't see why you wouldnt be able to get your old saves working.
Not a simple process but don't see why it wouldn't work.
Let me know if you get stuck.

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

The original poster is lucky he didnt get charged a hundred bucks for sending in a non-faulty unit. Guess MS is soft on people with this nearly scandalous failure rate.

Dont get me wrong the consumer is the victim here but still, if they test a machine and find theres nothing wrong with it they have the right to make you pay for it.

scheeseboy87

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »

Update:

I hooked the HDD up to my PC and attempted to pull the data off of it using Acronis True Image. It says that the drive is unallocated and that it is completely blank.

Edit: I tried the working HDD and it also says the same thing, therefore Acronis doesnt work.

Drunkn_Munky

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 05:09:00 AM »

Some guy has already done this, search around for it.

scheeseboy87

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »

I've found what i need to do, which is use xboxdumper, but i do not know how it works. I have very limited programming knowledge.

jwin767

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 03:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(scheeseboy87 @ Jan 12 2006, 02:11 AM) View Post

The customer suppourt guy told me to send the machine in without the hard drive and if it wouldve worked, they probably wouldve sent it back to me, instead they sent me a new console witha hard drive on it.  I did feel lucky about that.

Rymez- how did u go about pulling the data from the hard drive? Keep in mind I have a windows pc, no linux.  Just point me in the direction if possible.

Thanks

i got the same error screen tongue.gif but when i was talking to MS customer services they asked my to take HDD off and boot again, and so discovered it was the HDD..... Very nice guy i talked to and very knowledgable about the machine. sent the HDD away only, they sent it back new and fresh. 4 days ago they sent me ANOTHER HDD with a message saying sumin to the effect of "we are sorry for your defective HDD in you new xbox 360, here is a spare HDD for your problems. many regards........." saved me some money tongue.gif and now that FFXI beta has taken 5 GB of current HDD i might need it laugh.gif

Drunkn_Munky

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 09:01:00 AM »

Off topic but jwin767 that Xbox in your pic looks great, any bigger pictures of it?