xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 1 Hard Drive Hooked Up Through Usb...  (Read 201 times)

foreverporkchop

• Archived User
Xbox 1 Hard Drive Hooked Up Through Usb...
« on: January 09, 2006, 07:56:00 AM »

What exactly would happen if you took one of those external USB Hard Drive kits and hooked up a FATX xbox 1 hard drive to the xbox 360? Do you think it will just recocnize it as extra space or do u think it would see it as a giant memory card? Basically where i'm trying to go at with this is to transfer xbox 1 game-saves to the 360. Any thoughts?

JoHnnyTK36

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 10:01:00 AM »

I dont't thik it will work. But i wil give it a try tonight for you.

Here are my thoughts on why i dont think it will work.

1.) I remember seeing on these fourms that the usb ports are read only. (correct me if im wrong).

2.) you could make a adapter from the memory card port to a female usb hub. ( I ahve already done this using a broke memory card). But i dont think that will work because i took a sector dump from my 360 memory card and placed it on on flashdrive adn it still ddint see it. I think the sercurity chip on the Xbox 360 memory card has to be there even thoguh the file system is correct. I am going to do some more experimets later with my broken on to see about the chip.

3.) the xbox 1 file system is fatx. The xbox 360 files system is Big endian Fatx

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »

This should be closed, as it's pure speculation,

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=471319

Or at least moved.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 10:52:00 AM »

i doubt it would even recognize the drive, and if it did it would only be able to read media (music, pictures, etc) off it, not gamesaves