xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hard Drive Examination Areas  (Read 1100 times)

enixn

• Archived User
Hard Drive Examination Areas
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »

so has anyone tried using Xlinux with the hdd to try and mount/read the files?

warningshot

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

You can use any xbox 360 hdd with any xbox 360 core or premium pack. the hdd isnt locked. the file system is fatx but when i hex edit the hdd it says xtaf switch around and u get fatx. all files are encryped.
I dumped the 360 hdd in Xplorer360 beta 5 and then restored it to a 120gb hdd in winhex but i cant get it working. im going to try dumping it in winhex because xplorer360 doesnt work properly.

also the 120gb was zeroed out so nothing was left of the ntfs file sys.

warningshot

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2006, 03:12:00 PM »

at sector 16 on my xbox hdd it has NW58T5A261HS0093002CFUJITSU MHV2020BH. now your probebly saying wtf but i now what it all means.

the NW58T5A261HS is the hard drive serial number.
the 0093002C is the firware.
and the FUJITSU MHV2020BH is the Manufacture and model number.

maybe the xbox compairs these numbers with the numbers stored on a chip in the hdd.
last night the 360 gave me an E 68 error so i hold down the sync and hit the eject button thing and it gave me a 1010. i cant remember Exactly what i did but it might have been something to do when i zeroed out alot of sectors after puting a fat32 file system.

malthusyau

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »

so what can we do to the xbox360 hdd? i took it apart and plug it to the sata port, my computer detects the drive but it was not listed in my computer. so does that mean we can't do anything about it?

warningshot

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »

Ok to all the new people who dont know what to do after hooking a 360 hdd to your computer. YOU CANT VIEW THE FILES IN EXPLORER you need a program like Xplorer360. it doesnt come up in my computer because its in a fatx file system and windows cant read it Xplorer360 can.

Now to all the pros out there i have a few ideas. how about hot swaping a hdd. i know that the 360 restarts if u disconect the hdd but if done fast it might not even detect it. to do that u would probebly need to destroy some sata cables and have some super fast relays to make the swap fast. you should be able to have the receive + & - and the transmit + OR - on all the time and all you would need to do is swap the transmit + OR - from the original 360 hdd to your hdd that has a copy of the original on it.

I was messing with the memory card port on the 360 and memory unit and for some unknown reason i can get a usb flash drive to work on the memory card port but i had to use 5v from another port but i cant get a memory unit to work on a usb port even if i get power from the mem card port wtf the software must have something stoping it from reading mem card on certan usb ports. i know that people have tried hooking their 360 hdd through a sata 2 usb converter then pluging it into a usb port on the 360 and it didnt work but if they hooked the data wires to the mem port and get 5v from another port would it work? i would try it my self but i live in australia and u cant get sata 2 usb with out spending $85au and i have 90 but i need that to buy beer for new years party sad.gif

um also i just realised that this forum is about Hard Disk Drive Examination Areas so the people who are talking about how to hook up a hdd to a pc go find a forum or tutorial somewhere else. so now im going to talk about examination of the hdd.

i found some interesting stuff when viewing the hdd in a hex editor. \Device\Flash\dash.xex i dont know if this is already know but i just want to make sure. here is some more.
y:\XODash\xonlinedash.xbe
\Device\Harddisk0\partition0
\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\
\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\
\Device\Cdrom0
\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\devkit\xbmovie.dat
\Device\MU_
i also found one saying something like  \Device\Harddisk0\systempartition\.
Pages: 1 [2]