xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ripping Dvds On Xbox  (Read 319 times)

AF_Snowboarder01

• Archived User
Ripping Dvds On Xbox
« on: November 08, 2004, 01:42:00 PM »

I just wanted to know if it is possible to run a DVD ripper on the xbox, without having to reformat the entire drive. I currently have a 120GB hard drive in mine, and use it as a media center. The problem is that when I put a DVD onto the xbox, it takes up a lot of that space, and transfering to a PC, or ripping on a PC and FTPing to the box is a hassle, and i think there has to be a way around it.

SO...

Is there any way of ripping a DVD to mpeg/divx/avi on the xbox itself without having to lose all the data I already have on it?

Ideas: (I haven't tested; don't wanna lose my data and spend hours redoing it all :P)

Run windowsCE and run a DVD ripper (is this possible, and would it reformat my HDD?)

Run Linux on xbox (is there a version of linux that can do a partial reformat of my drive, namely just some of the free space I have left over?) and use linux software to rip DVDs.

Software for xbox DVD ripping (I don't think it exists, but if you know of any, please help me out).

If anybody who reads this rips DVDs successfully on the xbox, please help out. O yeah, and if you could, please post how long it takes to rip a normal DVD (4-7GB).

Thanks,
-Jared

bSOXm00der

• Archived User
Ripping Dvds On Xbox
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 07:26:00 PM »

try dvd2xbox....theres info on the home site (www.xbox-scene.com) and look at software. :jester: