xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Want A Usb Adapter For Xbox  (Read 162 times)

holyfrickster

• Archived User
Want A Usb Adapter For Xbox
« on: July 31, 2004, 07:21:00 PM »

Want a usb adapter that plugs into your contoller port that will allow you to hook up a keyboard mouse web cam, you name it. It is only $7.45 with shipping and everything. Don't waste your time making your own if you can just buy one for 7.45. the website is http://www.xbox.com/en-us/pso2/keyboardadapter.htm and you just click on the green font that is a link to the xbox store that says "This Location"

chimpanzee

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 01:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (holyfrickster @ Aug 1 2004, 02:21 AM)
Want a usb adapter that plugs into your contoller port that will allow you to hook up a keyboard mouse web cam, you name it. It is only $7.45 with shipping and everything. Don't waste your time making your own if you can just buy one for 7.45. the website is http://www.xbox.com/en-us/pso2/keyboardadapter.htm and you just click on the green font that is a link to the xbox store that says "This Location"

I have a few spares that doesn't need the controller. PM me if anyone doesn't want to DIY and is outside of US.

holyfrickster

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 02:01:00 AM »

you don't need the controller to use the usb . it is an adapter that goes into the controller ports. no need for a controller

chimpanzee

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 02:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (holyfrickster @ Aug 1 2004, 09:01 AM)
you don't need the controller to use the usb . it is an adapter that goes into the controller ports. no need for a controller

well, they may have changed the thing then. I got one last year(same site) and it goes into the controller's memcard space.

EDIT: Though this description is still on the site

Order your free Xbox USB Keyboard Adapter today! This device, exclusively developed for the Xbox version of Phantasy Star Online, allows you to connect a USB-enabled keyboard to an Xbox Controller.

This post has been edited by chimpanzee on Aug 1 2004, 09:14 AM

crossdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 11:03:00 PM »

That's also the same one I got 2 months ago.

Dai_UK

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 09:00:00 AM »

I made my own from tutorials on this site !

Got a joypad extension cable and memory card cheap on ebay and a usb extension cable cut both in half and joing together no BS ! make sure it's a usb 1 extension as the colours will be the same

the xbox has one extra line for lightguns so just tape it up.

you'll end up with a usb adapter for xbox and an xbox adapter for PC drivers are about and then you can use the memcard as an action replay all for less than the price of an Action Replay/ Game Shark.

I can see the keyboard out of the pad working as those ports are usb again so each pad is a USB hub when picked up by the pc - makes the best gamepad !

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »

just go to ebay for pete's sake,  i got 2 of them, its just a usb plug with the xbox connector on the other end, iut plugs directly into your xbox controller port.

5.95 + like 4 bucks shipping i think.

i got 2 of them,
now if i can just find something that actually uses the mouse and keyboard.

just go to ebay they are cheaper and you can find hundreds of them.

Anthony52

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 03:51:00 AM »

4 all you canadain users(i couldnt figger it out but then i thot maybe they have a canada site andit workd)
http://www.xbox.com/en-ca/pso2/keyboardadapter.htm

xb0xb0y

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 10:45:00 PM »

for Canada, they rip you off on shipping and handling.  I looked into it about 2 months ago.  Went through the ordering process online to get cost of delivery.  $17!!!  How does $7 USD equate to $17 CDN???

This post has been edited by xb0xb0y on Aug 10 2004, 06:02 PM