xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ix16-liteon-repack.bin  (Read 120 times)

zainday

• Archived User
Ix16-liteon-repack.bin
« on: May 17, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(Djpj @ May 17 2009, 05:35 AM) View Post

Why the repack? I was wondering and googled it, and found lots of people had trouble when reading a disc after the flash was done. They say that they flashed back to 1.51 and that worked.

So... wtf?

The original file was the wrong file (from what i've read, it was 1.51 and not 1.60). So they repacked it and released the correct file as "repack".
As far as it working correctly, I'm not sure. Not a whole lot of chat on here and that's unusual. Either all the "old schoolers" are flashed and out of the forums or alot of people are at home tearing there teeth out....lol.
I have done a samsung with IX 1.6 and JF 1.6 and I can tell you that it didn't like taken the old moded firmware and spoofing the new version and reflashing. It wouldn't even read ANY disc. It would just sit and spin and "Reading". So I started over from scratch and used the orig.bin to spoof 1.6 and that worked fine.
Trying to see if anyones had good succes with Liteon 1.6 and FJ 1.6. But not many reporting back.

Djpj

• Archived User
Ix16-liteon-repack.bin
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 10:52:00 AM »

So the firmware 1.6 that is currently available is faulty?

zainday

• Archived User
Ix16-liteon-repack.bin
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 11:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(Djpj @ May 17 2009, 08:44 AM) View Post

So the firmware 1.6 that is currently available is faulty?

I'm sorry if I confused you.
I'm saying that I don't know. I haven't done a liteon.
I HAVE done a samsung with 1.6 and it functioned properly.
The first file for IX liteon 1.6 was actually 1.51 (from my understanding)
and the REPACK is the true IX 1.6 for liteon (but i haven't heard many reports back about it functioning correctly, or not)
hope that helps.

3601stTimer

• Archived User
Ix16-liteon-repack.bin
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »

I have flashed 4 Lite-Ons since repack and all flashed perfectly, 2 stock drives 2 upgrades from 1.51 to 1.6. Flawless updates. There's nothing else to mention, flash, pop in disc, if it loads a backup then work done! Originals work, previous WAVE2 games working, WAVE3 games working as well.

Not much to say I guess, the firmware does it's job to play backups. Not tried ripping a game yet though.

Yes the previous release of 1.6 of Liteon was faulty hence being repacked.

Djpj

• Archived User
Ix16-liteon-repack.bin
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 02:30:00 PM »

thanks for confirming smile.gif