xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Windows Xp Pro  (Read 411 times)

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

• Archived User
Windows Xp Pro
« on: June 18, 2004, 12:34:00 AM »

Can you use Windows Xp Pro on the box if you got ModXbox Xecuter 2.3 Pro??? 80gig??? i want to KNOW!!!

Drunkn_Munky

• Archived User
Windows Xp Pro
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 10:13:00 AM »

yes it can be done. But it will probably be slower than a pregnant slug!

Your best bet is XP Embeded. But that will still need alot of work done to it.

snake3k1

• Archived User
Windows Xp Pro
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 10:09:00 AM »

Windows on an xbox would b gay. Get a good PC for cryin out loud.

I love my Alienware :luv:

the_devil73

• Archived User
Windows Xp Pro
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »

Hi, i go to vocation technical highschool (ucvths)

we are currently in developement of a modified BIOS and a modified PBL (ppl with no modchips)

What the new pbl does is detects a file (boot.ini) which will tell it the files to load to go to Load WinXP

what the new bios does is loads boot.ini directly. My teahcer know allot of theese thins. where 9th years. Where in summer school developing this project. we plan to release a complete build at most by x-mas.

This requires modified xp files, which will be very hard to modify, and of course its illegal. We also need to find a way to emulate a fat 32 or NTFS Partition.

Im not good at linux, but i am very good in visual basic and Xbox XDK. We will see.

If you would like to contribute, email me a [email protected]

at this time, are groups dont think it is possible to make a bootable disc without braking the law and devoting allot of tme to it. We arent trying to have MS Sue us or anything.

So this is going to be hush hush.

Lukenatme

• Archived User
Windows Xp Pro
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 05:30:00 PM »

Only a few people know now.  :rotfl:

rab154

• Archived User
Windows Xp Pro
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 01:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (Lukenatme @ Jul 6 2004, 01:27 AM)

Only a few people know now.  :rotfl:

hmm only 485 views, i think your secret project is well safe, lol  :P

no but seriously if you guys can get a bios that will boot a version of windows then good luck to yous.

mike96sc2

• Archived User
Windows Xp Pro
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 05:37:00 PM »

Not going to happen, it's just that simple. I'd put more money on the second coming of Jesus than I would on XP running on xbox.

sulfur

• Archived User
Windows Xp Pro
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 10:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (rab154 @ Jul 6 2004, 04:18 AM)
no but seriously if you guys can get a bios that will boot a version of windows then good luck to yous.

you would be freakin rich.

i'm gonna go with mike on this, and put my money on jesus than windows. the only windows i think that would make in on xbox would be CE or 1.0 off of dos.

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

• Archived User
Windows Xp Pro
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 03:13:00 AM »

lmao i posted this a month ago i guess someone came a dug it out of the xs trash... :lol:  :lol:

rab154

• Archived User
Windows Xp Pro
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2004, 07:38:00 AM »

nope, the windows forum passes by so slowly, mostly bcos theres been no progress, most likely it will be closed eventually

x-monkey

• Archived User
Windows Xp Pro
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2004, 01:41:00 AM »

Real windows on xbox is not going to happen. If its not open source, its not going to run.

Supplicium

• Archived User
Windows Xp Pro
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2004, 11:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (snake3k1 @ Jul 5 2004, 05:09 PM)
Windows on an xbox would b gay. Get a good PC for cryin out loud.

I love my Alienware :luv:

ahaha! Alienware Computers blow!! all your payin for is the Name and the customer support.

you can build a better computer yourself for half the cost.

tailspower2001

• Archived User
Windows Xp Pro
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2004, 08:56:00 PM »

I did that with Windows XP Home it wasn't as good as on the PC, but it worked. To make it better you need an few things. Bochs, more ram (www.FriendTech.com has the details on getting that), and some new BIOS for your mod chip (good if you chip can use more then 2 BIOS).  

FriendTech

h8raid

• Archived User
Windows Xp Pro
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2004, 10:55:00 PM »

I have also been thinking of the possibilities of running XP on the xbox.  I was trying to figure out why exactly it will not run.  I have tried to come up with some definite answers but all I seem to come up with is people arguing back and forth.  I was thinking if you had the processor and ram upgrades from friendtech, would that make things run decently.  Reason I am even wanting to do this is not for actually using the box as a computer, I am going to attempt to build one box that will do everything you would ever want and then some all from your couch.  The details of the project really don't matter too much right now because I am still researching to find out if everything I am wanting to do is even possible, but basically, seperate drives for everything, remote drive switch, lcd to indicate what mode you are in and what drive is selected.  So yea, I realize this is probably just me asking to be flamed, but it seems like a good idea to me and I have seen similar projects, but have not found anything complete, or at least not set up the way I want.  Any information would be appreciated.