xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Windows Ce.net 4.20 on the Microsoft Xbox  (Read 1515 times)

MiL0

• Archived User
Windows Ce.net 4.20 on the Microsoft Xbox
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2003, 05:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (splat @ Dec 31 2003, 02:52 PM)
Just to clarify, but a USB mouse connected to an xbox controller (using the PSO adapter) *won't* work currently?  I tried it and didn't see a mouse pointer, so I assumed it wasn't working yet.

Mouse will work with PSO adapter but you can't see the cursor so you have to randomly click on things until you hit the thing you want  :jester:  

caoboth

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2003, 07:06:00 AM »

My god this is fantastic, well done for sortign this out mate.

Ive got a Pal XBOX
with a home made usb cable (made when xbox first came out) and mouse works a treat.

Looks like ive got a new toy to play with :)

azanboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2003, 08:49:00 AM »

I can not get this Windows CE thing to run, my screen is flickering and all I could see is Something like a Windows desktop, Anyone have any idea why it does that for me, Oh I even created  a boot cd, and I whan and put it on my the xbox it boot the CD fine, but it said something about error, and it just stay in that black screen.

Can someone help me please!!!!

shortstuff22090

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2003, 09:35:00 AM »

im currently trying to figure out if we can get windows xp embedded to work.  if we can, this will sureley open the door to good windows on the xbox.

uiibaa

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2003, 09:47:00 AM »

I just wanted to warn everyone... if you run wince.net, it might screw up your date (mine was on 2099), and that will cause many games to crash when loading

I thought something was wrong with my hardrive =(

Cutriss

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2003, 09:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (MiL0 @ Dec 31 2003, 09:23 AM)
I myself don't know much about programming but I was under the impression that WinCE on the dreamcast was very rarely used (if at all) for games. Programmers would write there games on the DC's native OS which wasn't WinCE.

Could be wrong though so don't flame  :D

Sort of. This is a large point of confusion for people, and it'll probably never go away.

The Dreamcast does not run on Windows CE.

It *does*, however, support the API within its own system, so as to make some game features work more closely to the Win32 API, making cross-platform development a lot easier. One game in particular that used the WinCE API was Hundred Swords. I believe Grandia II and Sega Swirl did as well, though I don't know this for a fact.

Essentially, it's not like you have to choose between using WinCE and Naomi - The WinCE subset was added on top of Naomi, and it's there for those that want to use it.

This post has been edited by Cutriss: Dec 31 2003, 05:57 PM

uiibaa

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2003, 10:44:00 AM »

aren't windows ce applications usually geared towards specific architecture?  I mean, really really specific....

the only applications that would run on this would be ones compiled for wince.net x86.... right?

I have an old windows ce 2.0 sh3 hp/c device (Phenom Ultra)... no one can compile for it anymore (must be 2.11 at least)...  and it's always been a pain trying to find applications for it.  I really hate it when something says it's supported by wince2.0 sh3 hp/c... and I buy it, plug it up... and the drivers aren't compatible

I'm not really sure what the advantages of wince.net would be if you have to compile specifically for it.  

Also, has anyone ever tried porting wince.net to PC?  or is this the first time it's been ported to x86?

splat

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2003, 12:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (uiibaa @ Dec 31 2003, 06:40 PM)
I just wanted to warn everyone... if you run wince.net, it might screw up your date (mine was on 2099), and that will cause many games to crash when loading

To add to that warning, it set my clock to 2099 as well, and not only did some of my games refuse to load, but one in particular (Beyond Good & Evil) corrupted my old saved game when I tried to save.  

xbc9526

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2003, 12:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (uiibaa @ Dec 31 2003, 07:40 PM)

thats what the problem was.. i was freaking out last night cause none of my backups were working.... thanks for the tip uiibaa

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2003, 12:48:00 PM »

hows the bug fixing coming along artifex?

CoLdFuSioN167

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2003, 01:54:00 PM »

This is without a doubt one of the coolest things ever....

I can't wait to see the final product!

Great Work!  ;)  

shamo316

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2003, 03:13:00 PM »

i  cant belive everthing works, there is a onboard keyboard too, but they need to fix it so u can see the mouse, omg its soooooooooooooooooooooooo f'in niceeeeeee

kettlechips

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2003, 03:31:00 PM »

If network support comes along... imagine using IE on the xbox.  B)  

Sheriff

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2003, 03:32:00 PM »

All I can say is WOW!!! :lol:  

rover

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2003, 03:58:00 PM »

This looks fantastic. It would make it so easy for people to write their own code for their xbox's (obviously not games). MSN messenger is something, in particular, I would love to have some kind of access to on my xbox. This could be the answer.

Excited.

(Shame that Pocket Word and Pocket Excel are awful. I would love to see the Appforge Booster for an Xbox :) Very Unlikely)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4