xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Unlocking Hdd W/o Password  (Read 426 times)

_mikec_

• Archived User
Unlocking Hdd W/o Password
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2004, 03:53:00 PM »

its a 10gb drive from version 1.5 xbox, i dont know more about the drive.

networkBoy

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2004, 12:10:00 AM »

Scan the top of the drive and e-mail it to me., take a pic (high res) of the PCB (or scan it) and e-mail that too.  I'll parse it all out and post it here and on my site.
-nB

zac_haryy

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2004, 07:50:00 AM »

You shouldnt have done it then unlesss you knew what you were doing.

-haryy

gonhunter

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2004, 08:26:00 AM »

sigh...... 100gb wasted... next time be more specific about that killdisk.

networkBoy

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2004, 09:41:00 AM »

jester.gif
Sorry your drive bit it, but so far I've completely destroyed at least a dozen drives (read over a hundred bucks worth) of seagate drives attempting to devine a weakness in the locking method, all for the greater good of the scene.

-nB

networkBoy

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2004, 09:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (DarkDeity @ Aug 14 2004, 05:43 PM)
@gonhunter ... the killdisk is supposed to "kill" your hdd... thats a good sign, now it is factory fresh, you should put it in your xbox and use soemthing like EvoX to prepare it (create C:, E:, F:, X:, Y:, Z:) and then it SHOULD work

He's getting err 06.  the drive is still locked.
-nB

DarkDeity

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2004, 09:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (networkBoy @ Aug 14 2004, 05:46 PM)
He's getting err 06.  the drive is still locked.
-nB

if the drive is locked HOW could he use killdisk, killdisk doesnt read locked hdd's..

gonhunter

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »

My harddrive really is locked. then i did those stuff you posted, then when i put the hd on the xbox it booted fine, it even loaded the dashboard, after that i tried doing all those stuff again it didnt work i couldnt set a password anymore (i think it got changed)

DarkDeity

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2004, 09:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (gonhunter @ Aug 14 2004, 09:02 PM)
My harddrive really is locked. then i did those stuff you posted, then when i put the hd on the xbox it booted fine, it even loaded the dashboard, after that i tried doing all those stuff again it didnt work i couldnt set a password anymore (i think it got changed)

if it worked the first time (it actually worked for someone!) why would you do it again for good measure?? uhh.gif  uhh.gif

Mad Hatter

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2004, 10:08:00 AM »

DarkDeity .. what exactly are yo on about ... have you ever used evox ? as i have folowed your instructions to the letter and .. nope .. it doesnt work .. the only way in heaven you will get your idea to work is if your drive DID NOT have a master password in the begining or you simply knew it!

with your method i went through the SMART blar blar blar and am unable to set a Master password as i have to enter the CURRENT password or the drive will not accept the command!!!

DarkDeity

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2004, 08:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mad Hatter @ Aug 15 2004, 06:11 PM)
DarkDeity .. what exactly are yo on about ... have you ever used evox ? as i have folowed your instructions to the letter and .. nope .. it doesnt work .. the only way in heaven you will get your idea to work is if your drive DID NOT have a master password in the begining or you simply knew it!

with your method i went through the SMART blar blar blar and am unable to set a Master password as i have to enter the CURRENT password or the drive will not accept the command!!!

Well yes i have used EvoX,,. it hasent been working for a lot of people so something was screwed up with drive, i think we found this out wen my current hdd password did NOT work with my hdd... so maybe in heaven my drive DIDNT have a password... and i tried TEAMASSEMBLY as password and it DIDNT work, i alreayd wrote that back in my thread maybe you should have read it.
blar blar blar you had no reason to try this so you shoulda only used it if it was a last resort

Mad Hatter

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

DarkDeity

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2004, 09:24:00 PM »

sorry about my post too, but what is the problem with your xbox?

Roj X. Mugwump

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2004, 01:34:00 AM »

hey thanks, but that whole killdisk part killed my harddrive.... just skip it. now whenever i boot up i get error 06 and the Master Password fu***** is fucking change. You shouldnt have put that killdisk part.

depending what os u are running on your pc, if xp check out mmc, snap in the
disk management tool, and you should be home and hosed...

cheers

roj
Pages: 1 2 [3]