xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Unlocking Hdd W/o Password  (Read 425 times)

23ways

• Archived User
Unlocking Hdd W/o Password
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »

DARK DEITY & ZAC HARYY,
I'm having the same problem as Zac, when I try to input a password it gets rejected, can you tell me what it is that you guys did to get the password correct. I appreciate it.

DarkDeity

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2004, 04:01:00 PM »

fiorst u need to go into S.M.A.R.T and enable operations, then create a mster password (before you do this try the master password XBOXSCENE and TEAMASSEMBLY, b/c these might work depending on what you used to lock ur hdd)  after you created a master password use it to unlock and disable ur drive, the follow my method

b01

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2004, 07:22:00 PM »

ph34r.gif), if not, then that is ok.

I want to try this on a stock XBOX drive that I never unlocked, using a different xbox, so that I may confirm your method.

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2004, 07:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (DarkDeity @ Aug 11 2004, 02:10 PM)
@lordvader129 i must have used an old EvoX build because i had no master password set. [edit] I had tried using TEAMASSEMBLY as master pwd before i did my other method of unlocking my hard drive but it didnt work [/edit]

what are you talking about, hddlock/unlock was only implemented 2 versions ago (3921 - as someone else pointed), and it does indeed set the master password.  If you were using a version older then that, then you didnt use evox to lock the drive, which means evox has nothing to do with it at all.

23ways

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2004, 11:23:00 PM »

dark d,  I'm still having problems, I followed your steps to the "t" and still can't seem to get it right. The hard drive is from another mb thats toast. So I have no clue on what to do next. I keep on trying unlock it but nothing. iF ZAC HARYY is out there how did you get urs to work?

chimpanzee

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2004, 02:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (23ways @ Aug 13 2004, 07:26 AM)
dark d,  I'm still having problems, I followed your steps to the "t" and still can't seem to get it right. The hard drive is from another mb thats toast. So I have no clue on what to do next. I keep on trying unlock it but nothing. iF ZAC HARYY is out there how did you get urs to work?

It looks like at most a bug in the HD firmware and not a universal way to do it. So if you follow it to the 't' and still can't have it, forget it.

The procedure defies the whole ATA security mechanism.

zac_haryy

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2004, 06:26:00 AM »

I have tried with two different original harddrives and can't get either one unlocked. I do everything exactly how it says but it doesnt make a difference. I get the same error everytime. I have tried everything that I can imagine.

-haryy

DarkDeity

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2004, 08:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (23ways @ Aug 13 2004, 07:26 AM)

the "t"?

ButtersB

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2004, 09:02:00 AM »

He means he followed the steps exactly and to the letter.

DarkDeity

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2004, 09:08:00 AM »

theres 2 t's... turn on xbox.. and turn off xbox

ButtersB

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2004, 09:22:00 AM »

Sorry, i don't think you understood what i meant. I don't mean that he followed it up to a certain point, i meant that he follwed it all the way through to the end. When he said to the "t" he was using an idiom, normally spelt "to the tee", and means 'exactly' i believe. I grant its a slightly unusual form of the phrase, and is more commonly used in a form like this:

"This suits me to a tee"

meaning "this is exactly what i wanted, this suits me perfectly"

23ways

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2004, 10:55:00 AM »

My bad on my slang......but in other words I followed the directions step by step. Is there anything else I can try? I know its only a 8 gig but I sure could use it for a pc.

DarkDeity

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2004, 11:48:00 AM »

lol how old are you guys ... "to the tee" i have NEVER heard that... and im the guy who says saunter instead of walking...

i have no clue why its not wkring.. i think my hdd had an error to begin with

_mikec_

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2004, 03:41:00 PM »

ok here's my problem.. i did what i found on this threat but none work, i am trying to unlock the original hard drive, the thing is i only have an old password, i meen old because the hard drive was locked then unlock then again locked.. now i did something wrong about some tv settings, i've changed from 4:3 to 16:9 and hit apply, now all i see is a black screen and xbox is constantly rebooting.. now i can't format the hard drive because its locked i've tried with ftp but its not working.

is there a way i can bypass the lock and format the dam hard drive?
or perhaps do something about the 16:9 tv settings?

networkBoy

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2004, 03:49:00 PM »

To re-iterate what has already been said, this is not supposed to be possible, so what you found was a bug or vulnerability in that rev of firmware on that rev of drive.  not likely to work if anything else is different.  I don't want to minimize your discovery, once it has been verified by anyone else you will rank quite highly in this arena.  Could you do us all a favor and post the following info:
    1) Drive make and model number
    2) Drive manufacture date
    3) HDA assembly rev
    4) Logic board assy rev
    5) Firmware revision
    6) Firmware dump (if possible)
What I think you have done is similar to what's called (or used to be called in the Atari 2600 days) "Frying".  Basically on the 2600 it referred to rapidly toggling the power switch to freak out the console and do wierd things with the cartridge firmware.  That the drive is even succeptable to this is not good (from a security standpoint) and I'm sure this is/will be fixed in a later rev of the system.
Cheers,
-nB
Pages: 1 [2] 3