xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Having Trouble Ftping Because Of Wireless Card  (Read 191 times)

kingvitamin

• Archived User
Having Trouble Ftping Because Of Wireless Card
« on: August 02, 2004, 05:11:00 PM »

I suppose my problem has more to do with windows than anything, but I can't figure it out (I'm using Windows XP Pro).  I am trying to FTP between my Xbox and computer via Flashfxp.   My computer has a wireless network card, that I connect to the internet with, and a NIC that is built into the mobo.  Both are active, but I can't get Flashfxp to see my Xbox.  I have a crossover cable that is directly hooked betwwen the computer and xbox.   I'm a total noob when it comes to all this xbox modding, so I am using Slayer's Auto Installer, all seems to be set up fine on the xbox.  I tried running ipconfig via the "run" command in windows, and it shows the Wireless card and it's properties, with no mention of the Onboard NIC.  How can I get the onboard nic to be the one that flashfxp uses instead of the wireless one without disabling the wireless card?  

Thanks in advance,

KingV!

jacofiero

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 06:05:00 PM »

i'm having the same problem actually.

when i enable internet connection sharing on the nic port my internet connection via wireless modem stops working.

whats causing this?

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 10:55:00 PM »

Did you guys read the tutorial in my sig, config 2?

if you still need help post the network settings your xbox has and post the results of an ipconfig /all from your xbox.

kingvitamin

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 06:54:00 AM »

Wow, glad you showed up.  I've read through a lot of your posts where you've cleared things up for people.  Good job!  Anyhow, I've read through the tutorial a few times, changed settings even more times, and still no go.  Remember I'm using Slayer's installer, so it's a somewhat dated version of EvoX.  I plan on upgrading my hard drive, so once I do I will install all the latest versions of the software I need.  OK, here's the seetings I think you asked for:

XBOX Network Settings:

Type: Static
IP: 192.168.0.3
Line Status 100/Full Duplex
Ethernet MAC address 00:50:F2:24:C6:38
Setup Network: YES
Use Static IP: YES
IP: 192.168.0.3
Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
DefaultGateway: <Blank>
DNS: <Blank>
DNS: <Blank>
Setup Delay <Blank>
Skip Setup If No Link: No

IPCONFIG RESULTS:

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix: ironoh.adelphia.net
   IP Address: 192.168.1.101
   Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

There is no mention in my IPConfig results of the second NIC, but in my Networks Connections in XP, it shows my "1394 Net Adapter" as enabled.  I have set it's IP as 192.168.2.200, the Submask as 255.255.255.0, I left the default gateway and DNS blank.

I'm sure there is something simple I'm missing that is screwing this all up, but I've put HOURS into trying to figure it out, and need some help.  Like I said before, I'm a Xbox newb, and really appreciate all the help everyone's given me.  The tutorials have helped tremendously, but I'm stuck on this one.  

Thanks again,

KingV

This post has been edited by kingvitamin on Aug 3 2004, 01:56 PM

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 10:37:00 AM »

Well that's your problem.  that other nic you had isn't being recognized by your system.  It is NOT the 1394 adapter.  You'll need to see another one there.  If you don't it isn't installed.  I'd say try to install the driver for it from the manufacturer website, if its builtin then see if you can get a driver from the manufacturer of your computer.  But that's the problem, you are playing around with the 1394 adapter and that isn't the wireless or the one on your mobo.

kingvitamin

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2004, 03:41:00 PM »

Well that fixed it.  I feel like a dumbass, but I knew it would be something simple.  I wish I would have asked you this a long time ago!  I changed the submask in the IP addresses both to 0 and Flashfxp hooked right up.  I REALLY appreciate the help.  Now off to see what else I can screw up............

Thanks again.

KingV

BTW, whats a 1394 Connection then? Just Curious.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »

The 1394 connection is how windows xp handles IP over the firewire port in your pc (I'll assume you have).  It's sort of like a "virtual" networking adapter.

kingvitamin

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »

Now that you sad "firewire" I remember.  I never use it, so it slipped my mind.  Thanks again for all the help, I've got my new 250 gig Maxtor in, and I'm working on loading some emulators.  I must say that whoever the people are who develop all this software are damn good.  Thanks mrRobinson, and everyone else who contributes to developing.  I'm pretty excited about all this stuff.

Thanks again,

KingV