xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Really Need Help!  (Read 22 times)

mcgrath3321

• Archived User
Really Need Help!
« on: February 02, 2020, 07:47:00 PM »

So.... first off, here's what I'm working with:
360: Hitachi 59
SATA Card: VIA-150R
Chipset: VIA 6421
Driver: VIA RAID 3249
Replacing Hitachi with Benq

I have installed the card in a PCI slot and installed the drivers. When the PC powers on I can see that the RAID Bios is installed, and the controller comes up in device manager in Windows. My Bios does not support enabling SATA in the setup menu, only enabling PCI ports(which are enabled). I believe my Bios is Phoenix A005, I'm using a Dell Dimension 2400. The Hitachi is already flashed, so I opened up the tray and unplugged the power, then turned it back on to put the drive in mode b. When I then hook the SATA cable from the 360 up to the card and turn on the PC, it is not recognized in the VIA Bios or device manager. Occasionally, when I do this the VIA controller under device manager has a yellow exclamation point, and gives error 10(device cannot start).

So, now I've went out and got a SATA to USB adapter just to hook up the Hitachi and dump it, and when I did this the drive was recognized by Windows, and I was able to dump it. I also hooked up a SATA DVD drive to the card, and it was recognized by Windows. So apparently the SATA port does work, I just can't get it to read the 360 drives. But now this is a problem because I need to flash the Benq, and need the card to work in order to do so. I'm having the same problem with the Benq, IPrep won't recognize it when I connect it to the SATA, and so now I'm stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've been trying to do this ish for 3 days, and I'm getting really stressed that I spent so much money to not be able to do this! I went out and bought another card today to see if that was the problem, and still no progress! Is it possible to use a SATA to IDE adapter, because the IDE port is definitely in working order, and I figured maybe if you used the IDE port on the VIA crad, it might work. Now I'm just going crazy. I'm a noob, so for all I know I could be doing something completely wrong, but I've followed the Textbook and looked up pretty much everything I should know, and I think I've done everything right so far. Thanks for any help in advance!!!!

HackerSupreme

• Archived User
Really Need Help!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 08:00:00 PM »

Try unplugging everything from your motherboard you don't need. CD drives, floppy drives, all PCI slot cards and hard drives...etc.

Put your SATA card in the number 1 slot. And connect the BenQ to the number 1 SATA port on the card.

also, you could try flashing your motherboard's bios to the latest version if it isn't already..that might help you out.

podger

• Archived User
Really Need Help!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 02:50:00 AM »

These Via6421 cards, wonderful as they are, are a pretty cheap and nasty card.... If you are getting the ! in device manager you need to look at the install.... Try to put the card in the last slot i.e. the one futherest away from the processor/chipset this has the best timing.... If this doesn't improve anything, try removing other PCi cards to reduce the loading on the bus to improve the timing.