xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "to Play This Disk, Please Put In An Xbox 360 Blah Blah"  (Read 131 times)

justicedreadz

• Archived User
"to Play This Disk, Please Put In An Xbox 360 Blah Blah"
« on: May 05, 2008, 10:15:00 AM »

Man this system is a pain in the rear. The rrod has been repaired and now after flashing, I get the to play this game please put into xbox 360 error on the screen. It does this with originals and backups. It plays dvd's and cd's ok.  I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but I can't find it. I tried adjusting the pot on the laser and no go. Should I replace the laser or am I in for more work than just that?

podger

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »

Wrong DVD key, it's a paper weight

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »

Did it work before the 3rrod? The DVD key inside the firmware does not match the key for the console.

Check your orig.bin and make sure it has a valid drive key using Firmware Toolbox.

But if the original drive or firmware was messed up then it will only be a DVD movie player from now on.

justicedreadz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 11:06:00 AM »

I have the original FW and drive key. Can I just reflash it back to the way it was? And yes Ranger, it did work before. I may have done something during the flashing of this thing.

podger

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 11:10:00 AM »

If it worked before hand then you'll be OK... I just thought this was an Ebay RROD, they are usually a rip off...

Just flash the original once you're sure that original games play, start to re-mod

justicedreadz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »

I have the original FW and drive key. Can I just reflash it back to the way it was? And yes Ranger, it did work before. I may have done something during the flashing of this thing.

Thanks for the help. Sorry for the double post.