xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Benq Bad Flash(help)  (Read 69 times)

Micro X Hacker

• Archived User
Benq Bad Flash(help)
« on: May 05, 2008, 05:32:00 AM »

Hi, i started read from my benq. Its ok. Now make ix14.bin (ok) Starting dos and type dosflash ..........  now starting erase. Erase ok but flash not start, bank 0..... and nothing to do. I let several minits, and still bank0.... and this is all. I power off xbox and now benq is still not detect and xbox blinking. Sorry for my english!!!!
I flashed many benq drives but always flashed ok! And now this!

This post has been edited by Micro X Hacker: May 5 2008, 12:37 PM

Hercules Man

• Archived User
Benq Bad Flash(help)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 05:38:00 AM »

Hi, use iprep, then boot from usb pen drive, then run fben to flash using via6421 pci card if you have already erased, its the easiest way, i dont know about any other ways of flashing, i only learned the easy way, saves me time, whats the point in using other more time consuming ways to flash the drive. works for me and im not gonna change anything :-)

H MAn

podger

• Archived User
Benq Bad Flash(help)
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 05:39:00 AM »

I take it you are not using iPrep...

The drive flash is blank so it won't work in the 360 til you flash it again.... Post the command you are typing...

read through Textbooks tutorial for the exact steps.... Usually you need to power cycle between step for the soft unlock to work, that said if the flash is blank then there is no need to soft unlock as you already have a bad flash...

should look like this with you port number instead of 01F0

dosflash w 01F0 1 a0 1 4 ix14.bin 0

This post has been edited by podger: May 5 2008, 12:42 PM

cheekycharlie699

• Archived User
Benq Bad Flash(help)
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 09:35:00 AM »

hi there,

i have same prob av got the orig.bin and ix14.bin file tryed to flash using dosflash and stuck on bank 0

tryed to load the firmware into iprep and will not allow me to create the file on to my usb drive as it says no fireware loaded

i have a benq vad3068 can it be flashed????

Micro X Hacker

• Archived User
Benq Bad Flash(help)
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 03:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hercules Man @ May 5 2008, 01:38 PM) *

Hi, use iprep, then boot from usb pen drive, then run fben to flash using via6421 pci card if you have already erased, its the easiest way, i dont know about any other ways of flashing, i only learned the easy way, saves me time, whats the point in using other more time consuming ways to flash the drive. works for me and im not gonna change anything :-)
H MAn

Thanks, i have via6421a pci card. Tomorrow i try flash with iprep.

QUOTE(podger @ May 5 2008, 01:39 PM) *

I take it you are not using iPrep...

The drive flash is blank so it won't work in the 360 til you flash it again.... Post the command you are typing...

read through Textbooks tutorial for the exact steps.... Usually you need to power cycle between step for the soft unlock to work, that said if the flash is blank then there is no need to soft unlock as you already have a bad flash...

should look like this with you port number instead of 01F0

dosflash w 01F0 1 a0 1 4 ix14.bin 0

I try this first, mayby work. Thanks!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)