xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Shadow Warrior Source Code Released!  (Read 319 times)

Ecrofirt

• Archived User

jimjom

• Archived User
Shadow Warrior Source Code Released!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »

I WANTA SOME WANG!!!11

XDelusion

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »

No doubt, but we don't even have a decent Duke port yet, and that took a while, so I would expect to take Shadow Warrior forever to get here as well.

lantus

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 05:01:00 PM »

as much as this sounds interesting enough for me to port - i loved Shadow Warrior, i probably wont do it

simple reason - if you've been following the threads at 3DRealms its apparent that the source released is not final and has crashing issues.

UberJim

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 09:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(lantus @ Apr 7 2005, 07:01 PM)
as much as this sounds interesting enough for me to port - i loved Shadow Warrior, i probably wont do it

simple reason - if you've been following the threads at 3DRealms its apparent that the source released is not final and has crashing issues.

Some of those people over there are pretty dedicated, it will be made perfect eventually.  I would like a better port of Duke Nukem 3D first anyway.  While I do think I like Shadow Warrior more it has to be one step at a time.  I keep telling myself that one of these days I'll stop being so lazy and actually get to porting something, but that just isn't going to happen.  So I have a lot of appreciation for what these porters do, and not for the common reason of coding knowlege.  No, I appreciate that they actually "get off their fat asses" and get something done.