xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing 79 . Cont.  (Read 183 times)

dj_adamix

• Archived User
Flashing 79 . Cont.
« on: February 02, 2020, 08:28:00 PM »

ok so i got it to work, i mean i can see it in windows, now i open toolbox, click dump fw it asks me to put some game or movie in for 20 sec so i put guitar hero 3 orig. then sometimes it dumps it and when i chack it it says that this fw is not correct, or sometimes it just says cant dump . any ideas ?

nabatson

• Archived User
Flashing 79 . Cont.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 10:04:00 PM »

Re-install the passkey.  I had the same problems some inconstancies.  Re-solder the connector onto the leads and try again.

I had to re-solder a couple times before I got it right.  Make sure to put solder on the pads and the pins.  Then use the de-soldering braid.   Works perfect.  Take your time it'll be good.

Did the Checksum ever come out good when dumping the firmware?

dj_adamix

• Archived User
Flashing 79 . Cont.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 10:07:00 PM »

no the checksum gave me an error and then i tried to open the fw anyways and it said that it was not supported, well i guess there is still some bad connections between the connector and the modchip ill work on it and let u know.
thanks

nabatson

• Archived User
Flashing 79 . Cont.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 01:50:00 PM »

I had the same problems, I know its a pain the first time.  Its nerve racking I know.  I never soldered anything that fine before.  If the blue light turns on and the drive spins like crazy when you first turn it on.  You can tell its working.  Some times if theres a missing connection the light will come on and the drive will sort of spin.

With my drive (came from an xb arcade) when the passkey was installed properly the drive spun really fast.  I mean loud.  Louder than the normal read up to see what the contents of the drive are.   I don't know if anybody else had this experience.  Just recounting what I noticed.

If you can get the dump, and the dump has a good checksum you'll be fine.

dj_adamix

• Archived User
Flashing 79 . Cont.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 01:06:00 AM »

im still stuck, used single wires drive spins like crazeeeeeeee, then i have to wait more than 20 sec when i put a cd in , like a minute or so when it kinda slows down i can hit dump, it dumps it and tehn the checksum is not correct, I HAVE NO IDEA lol i dont know maybe my sata controller is not right ? or something else, i know the passkey is working cuz i checked every single wire and there is no shorts or anything,

one more question, should i be able to read stuff using this drive , i mean if i put a cd in, should my comp read it on my pc like normal dvd drive would, cuz when i click on dvd icon in my comp while cd is in, it says please put a cd in , so i dont know, i managed to make it read stuff once i dont know how but now it wont again

podger

• Archived User
Flashing 79 . Cont.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 03:47:00 AM »

In mode B it will behave as standard PC DVD rom....

Check your rework, it's still wrong. I'm thinking you may have crossed two of the wires, seeing as it dumps but calculates the checksum wrong..