xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "disc Unplayable: Clean Disc With Soft Cloth"  (Read 115 times)

mickey797

• Archived User
"disc Unplayable: Clean Disc With Soft Cloth"
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 08:58:00 AM »

It Was The Darned Speed!!!!!!
Just flashed to 12x - and All my older backups (with labels) are working fine!! Damn! Just wasted two dual layer discs!! Should have tried the 12x before. WhiteMule & Kurrrrt - Thanks a ton!!

All my backups - new/old/labeled - All are loading & working fine now on 12x.

Damnit! Thing is - I had an MS25 before. When I had flashed it to 12x (which was the recommended at the time) - None of my backups were loading on it - so I had to re-flash it to 8x and everything worked fine.
This time, with a BenQ, I decided to do 8x just because of that. Now it seems 12x works!!

Anyhow - Can't complain - glad I didn't start re-burning ALL my old backups.

RRoD420

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 01:19:00 PM »

I used to use labels on my backups and it messed up my Hitachi 47dj. It started to make a high pitched sound whenever a backup was in with a label on it. Stopped using labels, discs read fine and don't make noise.

I no longer use labels it WILL MESS UP YOUR DRIVE.

pricemeista33

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »

Well all righty then, glad to see that someone has figured this one out for me.  I had a back'd up Halo3 with a lable and it freakin gave me mad problems.  It worked fine while playing in the Sammy28, but not the 59dj.  I really believe what you guys are saying about the label being too heavy for the RPM's.  This will indeed kill your drive over a short period.  The drive is not accustomed to spinning with a heavier load.

Thanx

mickey797

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(pricemeista33 @ Feb 18 2008, 02:02 AM) View Post
This will indeed kill your drive over a short period.  The drive is not accustomed to spinning with a heavier load.

That does make a lot of sense. I'm going to stop putting labels on burnt media - backups, movies, music or whatever.
Pages: 1 [2]