xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "via Method" And Disabling Firmguard  (Read 57 times)

Osirls

• Archived User
"via Method" And Disabling Firmguard
« on: February 02, 2020, 09:55:00 PM »

I've heard talk of the "Via method" of disabling firmguard in order to update your drive, but i'm having trouble finding information on it.

I find myself in the situation of not having an DL discs left to burn an enable0800 disc, is the Via method my old other choice?

I know enable0800 could once be burned to a single layer disc, but I believe C4E removed this from iXtreme as it was potentially recognisable and posed a threat to our xbox live accounts..
SL enable0800 will not work on iXtreme 1.2, or has there been a new release of it based on xbox1 game discs..?

Info is much appreciated

Os

cypher21

• Archived User
"via Method" And Disabling Firmguard
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 12:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Osirls @ Jan 23 2008, 04:55 AM) *

I've heard talk of the "Via method" of disabling firmguard in order to update your drive, but i'm having trouble finding information on it.

I find myself in the situation of not having an DL discs left to burn an enable0800 disc, is the Via method my old other choice?

I know enable0800 could once be burned to a single layer disc, but I believe C4E removed this from iXtreme as it was potentially recognisable and posed a threat to our xbox live accounts..
SL enable0800 will not work on iXtreme 1.2, or has there been a new release of it based on xbox1 game discs..?
Info is much appreciated

Os

since ixtreme the 0800 disc HAS to be burned on a dual layer.

via trick as you describe is called the 10s trick, search the forums for more info, i can explain it, but there is SOO much written about it.

you do know you need VIA sata chipset to perform the 10s trick? (I know, might be a dumb question, but i've seen many users do the 10s trick on other chipsets)