xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hitachi 79fl  (Read 18 times)

nathanrazo

• Archived User
Hitachi 79fl
« on: January 11, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »

i will keep reading, but quickly just wanted to ask this question. can i pull the firmware off of the 79fl drive without using a passkey and doing soldering and then spoof a samsung with the firmware off the hitachi?

cypher21

• Archived User
Hitachi 79fl
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 04:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(nathanrazo @ Jan 11 2008, 11:30 PM) *

i will keep reading, but quickly just wanted to ask this question. can i pull the firmware off of the 79fl drive without using a passkey and doing soldering and then spoof a samsung with the firmware off the hitachi?

first READ then ask

the answer is NO, not at the moment, maybe in the future who knows

nathanrazo

• Archived User
Hitachi 79fl
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »

yeah you're right, my apologies. been reading for a little bit and saw the answers to my question. i guess whats the point of spoofing a samsung drive if i have to install a passkey to the hitachi, i might as well flash the hitachi.

i just never did one of these drives before and am being a little lazy. i did pm some people to see what they charge. if anyone reads this and is in the socal area and wants to pm me about services they offer, please do so. thanks.

Ranger72

• Archived User
Hitachi 79fl
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 05:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(nathanrazo @ Jan 12 2008, 01:10 AM) *

yeah you're right, my apologies. been reading for a little bit and saw the answers to my question. i guess whats the point of spoofing a samsung drive if i have to install a passkey to the hitachi, i might as well flash the hitachi.

i just never did one of these drives before and am being a little lazy. i did pm some people to see what they charge. if anyone reads this and is in the socal area and wants to pm me about services they offer, please do so. thanks.

Some people install the passkey to get the firmware and spoof another drive so they wont have to deal with it in the future. Or their drive just goes bad and replace it with whatever drive they can find.

podger

• Archived User
Hitachi 79fl
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »

There was a very interesting section in textbooks new tutorial for 2008.... it was in the section for the 79, where you remove the flash chip....

The funny thing is he flashes the tssop with 78 firmware spoofed to 79..... by doing this the drive can then be be later upgraded as a 78 i.e. without a passkey etc.

He doesn't do this for the passkey tutorial, probably assuming that you would leave it there.....

I wonder if you could do the same with a passkey so you don't have to leave there coz it won't be needed the next time......

rodier

• Archived User
Hitachi 79fl
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »

I know it sounds really weird.. but I know one shop  where  they can  flash   79fl  without any modchip shit.

but they wont tell how (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif))  and price is 100$ for that.   its wisoft.sk  you can try skype or email them..

Ranger72

• Archived User
Hitachi 79fl
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(rodier @ Jan 15 2008, 12:48 AM) *

I know it sounds really weird.. but I know one shop  where  they can  flash   79fl  without any modchip shit.

but they wont tell how (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif))  and price is 100$ for that.   its wisoft.sk  you can try skype or email them..

Its called pulling the flash chip off the drive and using a programmer. It is not a secret.