xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Arrrgh Quake2x Black Screen Of Death.  (Read 200 times)

skid_68

• Archived User
Arrrgh Quake2x Black Screen Of Death.
« on: December 18, 2004, 11:00:00 PM »

Ok so I installed Quake2x, got it running and I was playing it just fine. Then I decided to up the resolution, so I bumped it to 720X480 or something like that, and I got a black screen and nothing else. So no biggie Im thinking, Ill just change it back in the config. Yeah right. I changed it in the baseq2 config, and it still didnt work. So I deleted the whole folder off my xbox, and reinstalled. Still didnt work. Then found out that there are save games in the E: drive, so I deleted them, still no go. Changed the config file in the save game folder on the E: drive, and nothing. I dont know what else to do. What are ALL the files that Quake2x puts on your XBOX so I can make sure to delete them all. Im at my witts end. Im running Latest Evox dash if that matters.

skid_68

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

*BuuuumP*

Anybody.....Please can ya help me out?

supersonic87

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 06:17:00 AM »

Have you tried clearing the cache, amybe that could be a problem?

skid_68

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 11:14:00 PM »

Hmmm dont think I tried that. What is the cache used for exactly? WIll it crash anything else if I delete it?

skid_68

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 12:05:00 AM »

Bah, POS still doesnt work. Pisses me off. It worked great the first time. Now no matter what I do, that damn thing wont work.

SOLO-X

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2004, 07:00:00 AM »

AndyJapan wrote:

"O.K.! Solved the problem by myself and want to share the solution in case somebody encounters the same problem.

Method 1: Delete the folder abbafff0 on E:\UDATA and reboot the XBox. Restart Q2X (Repi) and start with default settings.

Method 2: Resetting video settings to default (Note: You will have to do that with a black screen in case you messed up the video settings (as I did))
Start Q2X (Repi)
1. Press Back (for menu)
2. 3x down (for Video)
3. Press A (for Enter)
4. 2x Up (for Reset to defaults)
5. Press A (for Enter)
6. Press Back (to save settings and leave menu)
Q2X should now restart with default video settings"

I also had the problem & I found out that if you delete the save game it will correct it also, the settings are stored there.

skid_68

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 04:51:00 PM »

Thank you so much SOLO. I had already tried method 1, but it was method 2 that put me on the right track. Although those steps didnt work for me. I was able to just go into video options, and set the resolution back to 640X480, and the game came back on. :) I didnt know the game was actually running when I saw the black screen. But thanks to you, I got it fixed. Ty sir.

SOLO-X

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2004, 05:50:00 AM »

I also had this happen to me once and I lucked into the right button combination, I wanted to see how good the graphics could go. I'm glad someone was thoughtful enough to post how to correct it. I couldn't remember what the button combination was and I didn't think to go in after and write them down. You're welcome skid_68 and thank you AndyJapan.

Happy New Year To All !!!

This post has been edited by SOLO-X: Dec 31 2004, 01:50 PM