xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Doom-x V1.0 Beta  (Read 235 times)

Likklebaer

• Archived User
Doom-x V1.0 Beta
« on: October 10, 2004, 03:45:00 PM »

DOOM-X

by Carcharius, LikkleBaer
=================

v1.0 Beta
---------

This is it! The long-awaited revival of Doom on the Xbox. It's based on lantus' Doom-X. Lots of new features and improvements to enjoy. So have fun ^_^.

What's New
----------

- New title screen

- MIDI music

- WAD selector

- Fixed weapon select bug

- Menu sliders fully functional

- New control system and button mappings

- New Per-WAD save system

- Selecting 'Quit Game' now returns to the WAD selector

- Various additional bugfixes

Please see the included README.txt for new setup instructions and other important usage info.

Just so there's no confusion, Carcharius is the one that deserves the credit for the vast majority of the work that went into this new Doom-X. I'm way too feeble a coder to have been able to achieve any of this on my own. But I'm still glad I was able to help and contribute as much as I did. ^_^

nagmine

• Archived User
Doom-x V1.0 Beta
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »

:o  I requested this and someone actully did it  :luv: haha your great Carcharius and LikkleBaer  :beer: finaly we can play doom like it should be !  getting it now .

sammyjojo

• Archived User
Doom-x V1.0 Beta
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 04:42:00 PM »

Awesome, I've been waiting for this for a long time.  Thanks Carcharius & LikkleBaer for putting in the work to update this port.

DreamWeb

• Archived User
Doom-x V1.0 Beta
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 05:40:00 PM »

This is a terrific release!  thanks guys.

Only the official supported wads at the moment.  But.. I've got a feeling that I'll be playing the Aliens TC sooooon enough! :)

d.

sammyjojo

• Archived User
Doom-x V1.0 Beta
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »

Not a major bug or anything, but the chaingun's sound does not repeat fast enough so it winds up sounding weird.

nagmine

• Archived User
Doom-x V1.0 Beta
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »

yeah from playiing a few hours u can start to notice something is up with the sound effects. Good example is when u finish a map and thing comes up showing ur score ... the gunshots sound all skippy. Also even if u shoot the pistol enough it will skip a shot in the sound ...  But personly it dosnt take away from the game and im sure it will be fixed in the near future

But again great work  :beer:

mrinsane

• Archived User
Doom-x V1.0 Beta
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »

now all we need is network support mwuhahaha

Cathesdus

• Archived User
Doom-x V1.0 Beta
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »

Wow, I was soo looking forward to this and it doesnt work...  Maybe you guys can help me fix this.  I extracted all the files into A directory called E:\Games\Doom and then put the wad files in the folders in the WADS folder respectively.  i've made sure their names are right but they don't show up on the list.  What Am I doing wrong?  I know these are the good wad files.

FLuKE11

• Archived User
Doom-x V1.0 Beta
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2004, 08:36:00 PM »

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME

DUDE! Finally! I've been waiting forever for this!

:lol:   :D   :rolleyes:   ;)   :)   :luv:   :jester:   :beer:

Great work man, This is seriously sweet. I agree network support would be nice, but blah, I really couldn't care less. Finally I can enjoy a perfect PC port of Doom from my couch with Halo style controls (and MUSIC).

Awesome.

EDIT: indeed, the sound effects are buggy. it skips sounds, like if you're constantly firing the pistol half the time you won't hear the gunshot. so it's not quite perfect yet, but I'm still pretty happy :)

The wad selector is very nice, btw.  :)  

This post has been edited by FLuKE11 on Oct 11 2004, 04:00 AM

junkster

• Archived User
Doom-x V1.0 Beta
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2004, 09:51:00 PM »

i had to run it from avalaunch because its called doom.xbe. try renaming the file to default.xbe to see it that works

radio5

• Archived User
Doom-x V1.0 Beta
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2004, 10:25:00 PM »

I just did what you suggested and now DoomX actually shows up in evolutionX. The only problem is when I load it, it stays frozen on the title screen. Any ideas?

incognegro

• Archived User
Doom-x V1.0 Beta
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2004, 11:02:00 PM »

This must be a prank or something, cause it doesnt work.............definetly too good to be true  :angry:  !! there is no wad directory and if I create one it doesnt recognise them and freezes. just garbage...........if your fixing something then it has to ACTUALLY WORK!.........just my opinion tho <_<

mike96sc2

• Archived User
Doom-x V1.0 Beta
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2004, 11:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (incognegro @ Oct 11 2004, 12:02 AM)
This must be a prank or something, cause it doesnt work.............definetly too good to be true  :angry:  !! there is no wad directory and if I create one it doesnt recognise them and freezes. just garbage...........if your fixing something then it has to ACTUALLY WORK!.........just my opinion tho <_<

ease up there chief, it's working for most, so it's most likely user error

nagmine

• Archived User
Doom-x V1.0 Beta
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2004, 11:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (incognegro @ Oct 11 2004, 06:02 AM)

it came with a wad dictory and showed u were to put ur wads as well... so u must not have the right version or something :P

radio5

• Archived User
Doom-x V1.0 Beta
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2004, 12:01:00 AM »

Um.. excuse me. I DO believe it works, however, I'm having some problems getting it to work properly. As I stated earlier, it just freezes at the title screen and no wads appear. Any ideas? It didn't show up at all until I renamed it default.xbe.