xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Stepmaniax  (Read 137 times)

Boxgamex80

• Archived User
Stepmaniax
« on: October 03, 2004, 07:32:00 PM »

i am thinkingof getting ddr and i want to know how good this port really is. is there a lot of songs?. bascally everything u ca tell me i want to know.

PolarPyro

• Archived User
Stepmaniax
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 10:09:00 PM »

Absolutely. My friends and I each bought an ignition game pad (well worth it) thanks to the quality of the port. You can get ddr mixes off BT and bemanistyle has many well-created user songs. The UI is interchangeable with others, and the only real missing thing is lack of movie playing (no background animations during songs.) I love stepmania xbox so much, when I was on vacation, we hooked the box up to our hotels bigscreen and actually managed to charge people money (until caught,) and boy did people come, thanks to our having every DDR mix, plus about 50 user-made songs.

This post has been edited by PolarPyro on Oct 4 2004, 05:10 AM

Boxgamex80

• Archived User
Stepmaniax
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »

just wondering but does it do that thing where it tells how many calories u burned? doesnt really matter just wondering. oh and where do u get the songs?

This post has been edited by Boxgamex80 on Oct 4 2004, 09:01 PM

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Stepmaniax
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (Boxgamex80 @ Oct 4 2004, 08:00 PM)
just wondering but does it do that thing where it tells how many calories u burned? doesnt really matter just wondering. oh and where do u get the songs?

Hello, yes here is a workout mode, however it requires a bit of research... I did this earlier and used the following post on another site:

http://www.ddrmaniax.net/forums/index.php?...=4331&hl=weight

Hope that helps.

Also, stepmania is Ace, way better than the official DDR game, I bought two mats just to use with stepmania.  I got all my packs off BT, sorry I can't go into any more details but it would be against forum rules :(