xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Quakex Mods  (Read 348 times)

wazzupbe1

• Archived User
Quakex Mods
« on: June 19, 2004, 09:44:00 PM »

I've Search the forum (google, because the search is down every time i look at it) and i wanted to know how exactly step by step to get Mods and TCs to werk for QuakeX.
If you dont mind, use Quake Rally as an example. Thanks.  <

wazzupbe1

• Archived User
Quakex Mods
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 04:36:00 PM »

Up, please, i would like to know. Any info/websites with info on how to get mods to work step-by-step would by apreitiated.  <

vicviper74

• Archived User
Quakex Mods
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 08:15:00 AM »

YES ME TOO I added the simpson mod by adding the pak file to quake Id1 folder
and I added a few more mods BUT IT DOESNT LIST THE MODS. all it does it launch simpsons mod. so i can never play just quake by it self.
i know there is another way. but no walkthru.please we realy need to know this.  <

mike96sc2

• Archived User
Quakex Mods
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »

lantus doesn't give you the option to select which wad or pak or whatever they are in quake, you'll need to make a separate folder with all the quake files and the modded wad/pak in that folder instead of the original to load the mod and still have the original, i did this for doom, doom ii, and final doom  <

vicviper74

• Archived User
Quakex Mods
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 05:37:00 PM »

Do we have to name the folder somthing specific? for quake to recognize it? And thank you for your reply.
I do understand what u mean now. just wanna know for sure.  <

wazzupbe1

• Archived User
Quakex Mods
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 03:04:00 PM »

Up.
So all i have to do is make a folder with a name inside the quake folder and put all the files that i got from the download?

Thanks  <

law56ker

• Archived User
Quakex Mods
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 07:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(wazzupbe1 @ Jun 27 2004, 01:59 PM)
Up.
So all i have to do is make a folder with a name inside the quake folder and put all the files that i got from the download?

Thanks

Did anyone figure out how to get this to work. I put my mods in a seperate folder and selected them from the launch menu but that doesn't seem to work. What is the correct way to place and launch your mods? <

devlkore

• Archived User
Quakex Mods
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 06:46:00 AM »

If you're talking about QuakeX then you should have a folder for each mod with their files in it.

The option should come up at the beginning to allow you to choose which mod you want to use. <

law56ker

• Archived User
Quakex Mods
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 07:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(devlkore @ May 7 2005, 05:41 AM)
If you're talking about QuakeX then you should have a folder for each mod with their files in it.

The option should come up at the beginning to allow you to choose which mod you want to use.

Yea I guess it was quite simple it seems some mods just don't work like, I don't know if it has anything to do with this but the onesthat have a programs.dat file seem to work. Alot of times you'll choose the mod and it will just load up the normal quake levels. Has anyone got golden cup the rally mod to work? I try it and I get the car but i'm driving around the normal levels in quake:< <

devlkore

• Archived User
Quakex Mods
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »

Some mods require special parameters either to be typed form the console or put into config files.

That could be the problem, I've had the same thing with a few.

Make sure you're reading the readme files that come with the mods, because they normally let you know how they differ from regular quake (in terms of configuration, controls, etc). <

law56ker

• Archived User
Quakex Mods
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 05:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(devlkore @ May 7 2005, 07:31 PM)
Some mods require special parameters either to be typed form the console or put into config files.

That could be the problem, I've had the same thing with a few.

Make sure you're reading the readme files that come with the mods, because they normally let you know how they differ from regular quake (in terms of configuration, controls, etc).

What are your favorite mods that work in quakex, how about quake2xle? <

devlkore

• Archived User
Quakex Mods
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(law56ker @ May 9 2005, 09:01 AM)
What are your favorite mods that work in quakex, how about quake2xle?

I haven't tried any mods in Quake2 yet. As for Quake:

Aliens Quake - Not freely available (it's illegal), make sure you get the latest version (there are two).

Target - This actually turns Quake into a side scroller a la Contra.

Twisted Christmas - Evil snow men, etc. fun!

Quake Matrix - You will need to configure a lot to play the game fully (bullet time controls, etc.).

Minion - Battle chess type game. Again you will need to configure keys to use the menu to play the game properly.

Raptors! - Not the most complex or amazing mod, but it's fun to shoot at dinosaurs.

If anyone needs help with configuring things properly for Quake or any mods, there's a config thingy I made (link), which goes some way to explaining how to get things done, that is, if the settings I've used aren't ok already. <