xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mamedox....  (Read 151 times)

0bscene

• Archived User
Mamedox....
« on: August 17, 2005, 04:47:00 AM »

i have just moved over to Mamedox with ROM pack 0.95. however FatX filesystem limits the amount of files in one folder to 4096 (or similar) and i have more .zipped ROM fodlers than this.

is there a way of making the emu read Roms from 2 folders or any other feasible solution to allow me a full list of working ROMs?

kind regards,

Mark

:huh:

JACKERL

• Archived User
Mamedox....
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 05:28:00 AM »

Yes, just create another folder, say ROMS2. Goto to options menu and input the correct path to the folder ROMS2. Think there is room in options menu for about 4 seperate folders for roms on mamedox.

J

0bscene

• Archived User
Mamedox....
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 05:58:00 AM »

excellent. thank you.

i posted that from work without checking the options and just assumed the worst.

Mamedox is an incredible emu from what i have seen so far. Biggup the dev team  :beer:

i shall check the bleedin obvious next time  ;)

darkstalker

• Archived User
Mamedox....
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 09:27:00 AM »

Also, quite a few of your ROMs will not work with this version of MAME. You'll want to find the 0.85 version of the set for best results.

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
Mamedox....
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »

Ummm if you trust me Ill tell you its .84 roms set and Kawak 1.52 for neo-geo and latest CPS-2 games, and you should trust me :)

hope that helps if you require dats let me know by PM

This is for MAMEdOX 1.0 and 1.1 but id use dat to check rom status as from 1.0 to 1.0 some neo-geo stuff was updated to latest rom sets also samshow down 5 special has sound issues ive fixed it and I may release 1.2 soon but waiting on a few suggestions. Cheers

This post has been edited by BritneysPAIRS: Aug 17 2005, 09:16 PM

darkstalker

• Archived User
Mamedox....
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 05:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(BritneysPAIRS @ Aug 17 2005, 05:14 PM)
Ummm if you trust me Ill tell you its .84 roms set and Kawak 1.52 for neo-geo and latest CPS-2 games, and you should trust me :)

hope that helps if you require dats let me know by PM

This is for MAMEdOX 1.0 and 1.1 but id use dat to check rom status as from 1.0 to 1.0 some neo-geo stuff was updated to latest rom sets also samshow down 5 special has sound issues ive fixed it and I may release 1.2 soon but waiting on a few suggestions. Cheers

Well, I say 0.85 mainly because you can actually still find that set relatively easily, while 0.84's not. Also, I do not believe that there were any major ROM changes between the two versions at all.

Looking forward to your next release.

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
Mamedox....
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 06:06:00 AM »

Trust me darkstalkers latest NeoGeo roms like samshow 5 special KOK2k4 etc are all different.
If you dont believe me check the DATs.
I helped out on MAMEdOX and know it very well.

The new version will keep same as MAMEdOX 1.1 roms but 2 games will be added and samsho 5 special sound will be fixed with a change in its rom of coarse (actually it will be the 1.0 samsho 5 special rom)

Would people want roms named in short (eg missing version type or all info)
Screenshot example

(IMG:http://www.thraxen.com/BritneysPAIRS/mame.jpg)

This post has been edited by BritneysPAIRS: Aug 18 2005, 01:10 PM

darkstalker

• Archived User
Mamedox....
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 06:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(BritneysPAIRS @ Aug 18 2005, 09:10 AM)
Trust me darkstalkers latest NeoGeo roms like samshow 5 special KOK2k4 etc are all different.
If you dont believe me check the DATs.
I helped out on MAMEdOX and know it very well.

The new version will keep same as MAMEdOX 1.1 roms but 2 games will be added and samsho 5 special sound will be fixed with a change in its rom of coarse (actually it will be the 1.0 samsho 5 special rom)

Would people want roms named in short (eg missing version type or all info)
Screenshot example

(IMG:http://www.thraxen.com/BritneysPAIRS/mame.jpg)

I'd much prefer full names.

EDIT: Are you also hiding clones in the list? I also do not count Neo Geo games as part of the MAME set anyways.

This post has been edited by darkstalker: Aug 18 2005, 01:57 PM

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
Mamedox....
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 07:04:00 AM »

Plays all NeoGeo games fine

nope not hiding clones I have full rom sets I have top 1000 games or so and clones are the same game. Clones run fine though but I only have one of each game that runs right no double ups and no bad running game and no crappy games.

www.thraxen.com/BritneysPAIRS/x.txt for a list im running see if theres some cool games im missing.

PS I never want to scroll though 5000 games to find one I want

darkstalker

• Archived User
Mamedox....
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 07:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(BritneysPAIRS @ Aug 18 2005, 10:08 AM)
Plays all NeoGeo games fine

nope not hiding clones I have full rom sets I have top 1000 games or so and clones are the same game. Clones run fine though but I only have one of each game that runs right no double ups and no bad running game and no crappy games.

www.thraxen.com/BritneysPAIRS/x.txt for a list im running see if theres some cool games im missing.

PS I never want to scroll though 5000 games to find one I want

You have WWF Superstars, but not the MUCH better and much more fun multiplayer WWF Wrestlefest?

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
Mamedox....
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 07:39:00 AM »

Cheers ive added 10 games to that list like Moonwalk micheal J.... but that one ill try and add to list if its OK and plays well. See if you can make a list of some more good games that would be great. Then ummmm you might see someone release the rom set of sorted roms

This post has been edited by BritneysPAIRS: Aug 18 2005, 02:41 PM

Mr. Me

• Archived User
Mamedox....
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 09:54:00 AM »

I would very much appreciate a release of the sorted roms.

Drew723

• Archived User
Mamedox....
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 11:42:00 AM »

This is going to be such a Newbie question,  but how did u get screenshots of the games to appear on the game list. I am so lost  and probably dumb. any help would be appreciated

Trinity

• Archived User
Mamedox....
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 12:09:00 AM »

Put all the screenshots that you download in the folder "screenshots". Put the screenshots folder in the root directory of the mameox folder.

This post has been edited by Trinity: Aug 19 2005, 07:10 AM

mirsad

• Archived User
Mamedox....
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »

Hi BritneysPAIRS

Just a few questions really but the release of mamedox 1.2 what version of mame will it be running from. Is it the lastest version of mame that runs the osman game(which is an awesome game), or is it an older version?.

As for the screenshot thing, when I had mamedox previous version I had no screenshots on it, cause I was running it on the dvd.

Would having a complete set of screenshots on a dvd make scrolling the gameslist slower?, or would it be best not for me to put the screen shots onto the dvd.
If so is there any more benefits that you could have from running it from the dvd, cause I like the idea of all those games on dvd.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by mirsad: Aug 20 2005, 02:49 AM