xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Bought A Frager For $21.51!  (Read 359 times)

M3ATW0D

• Archived User
Bought A Frager For $21.51!
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2004, 07:09:00 PM »

i would clean up the solder mess just to see if he shorted the TSOP out.  it may boot from the original bios. if not install a mod chip and all should work.  and i you want to get creative you could flash the TSOP right to fix the problem. i wish this (kid) would fuck up some more xboxes so i could buy them for 20 bux lol.  i'd say you got a damn good deal.

thedustycelt

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2004, 12:54:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

$langer

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »

unsure.gif

I will do some searching around for one and hopefully you can get back to me on this.

Thanks again!

$langer

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2004, 10:13:00 PM »

blink.gif

I'm so close to getting this box up and running, this is the last hurdle to jump (I hope...)  I know the video works because as I said earlier I could see the Cromwell screen scrolling on my TV.  Anyone have any ideas what I can do about this blank screen I'm getting? Do I need to set my clock?  Do I need to change video settings in the EEPROM? thedustycelt?  For those that are wondering, yes my A/V cable is plugged in or else I wouldn't hear anything  tongue.gif

Thanks!

$langer

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2004, 11:08:00 PM »

smile.gif

Now I just gotta figure out if I should buy another mod chip or try and do a good TSOP flash this time  wink.gif  Any suggestions?

Peace

thedustycelt

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

$langer

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2004, 04:20:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

About the TSOP, I figured it was screwed up after viewing the awful solder job, but I think the FRAGing was due to the dead DVD ROM and HDD.

I removed the modchip and booted the box to see what would happen and to my suprise it booted into Evox!  I checked out the bios and it is flashed with 4977, I guess they previous owner didn't completly fux0r it up...  wink.gif

Now I been reading up on how to wire a multibios switch.. hehehe  cool.gif

On a side note, you can stick any DVD or CD drive into the other box... I have a box with a cd rom installed so I can boot anything that will fit on a CD...

dusty I thought there were only a couple specific samsung dvd drives that will work in an xbox, how did you get yours to work?

Thanks for all the help, im so stoked about my new box  laugh.gif

thedustycelt

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »

there are only a couple of sammsung drives that can be flashed to read from the outside in to read xbox original games.  If all you want to do is read backups, cd, dvd movies etc, then any drive will work.
Obviously, you have to have a dvd drive to read dvd. but most apps and install utilities as well as a lot of games and emulators will fit on a cd-r, so a regular drive will work.

You can plug it in without any modification & it will work, except the xbox can't eject the tray, you have to use the button on the drive.

The following is a tutorial that can be used to mod any drive to make it work fully in the xbox (except for reading original games)

http://www.xbox-scen...les/lg-dvd2.php

$langer

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2004, 06:04:00 PM »

wink.gif

I will take a look at that guide and hopefully get a nice black dvd drive for cheap.

Thanks again thedustycelt!

attested

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »

beerchug.gif I wish I only had the original DVD front plate on my Gentoox linux server.

$langer

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2004, 02:18:00 PM »

laugh.gif

dsrice

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »

ohmy.gif you got  the 616e to work, mine dogged me on dvd's

where did you find the dvd ready, I found the cd ready near the laser ribbon cable,  I had no idea they would give me two signals I have been trying to do this for two days now.

I found the cd ready near the laser ribbon cable.  Is the dvd ready close by.  and just one diode correct ?? smile.gif
thanks

dsrice

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

dsrice

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

My free xbox with a bad dvdrom is now a 250gig game/movie server which works great, who needs a dvd rom any way, I just ftp the games/movies or stream my music using xbmc etc...

later

PsYcHo_SiB

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2004, 06:51:00 PM »

cool.gif  fix the fucka with a chip or exploit biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4