xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Has Anyone Put A Xbox360 Dvd-rom Into An Xbox1?  (Read 432 times)

bucko

• Recovered User
Has Anyone Put A Xbox360 Dvd-rom Into An Xbox1?
« on: November 27, 2005, 01:23:00 PM »

yes and it does not work LOL you cant see the files I don't think just like how when you put a xbox1 game in a PC dvd drive and it says "this is an xbox game disk". This was on xbox-scene news not long ago.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 09:20:00 AM »

hes asking if anyone put the dvd-rom DRIVE in an xbox 1, not the dvd itself, but that wont work either

1: the 360 drive uses an SATA interface, xbox1 has no such interface
2: even if it was IDE it wouldnt work for the same reason an xbox dvd drive wont work in a PC, the firmware is designed to work with the 360, nothign else

whereisevox

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 04:45:00 PM »

im sure this is what u guys are talkin about...but just makin sure ur putting it in a modded xbox1...maybe just copy the files from the d: to ur f:if u can see the files? and encode em with xiso

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 04:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(whereisevox @ Nov 28 2005, 05:52 PM) View Post

im sure this is what u guys are talkin about...but just makin sure ur putting it in a modded xbox1...maybe just copy the files from the d: to ur f:if u can see the files? and encode em with xiso

yeah... and lordvader did an excellent job of explaining why it won't work.

Tiros

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Nov 28 2005, 11:59 PM) View Post

yeah... and lordvader did an excellent job of explaining why it won't work.

uhh.gif
I'm pretty sure you CAN use an xbox drive in a PC. It works just fine as a PC DVD drive.
Doesn't help you read game disks in a PC though. You would need a special driver for the PC to expose the xdrive file system, that would activate the "special" part of the firmware in the drive. It's definately doable but as far as I know has not been done.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tiros @ Dec 4 2005, 06:35 PM) View Post

uhh.gif
I'm pretty sure you CAN use an xbox drive in a PC. It works just fine as a PC DVD drive.
Doesn't help you read game disks in a PC though. You would need a special driver for the PC to expose the xdrive file system, that would activate the "special" part of the firmware in the drive. It's definately doable but as far as I know has not been done.

thomsons can work with a special driver under linux, but as stated, they wont read originals, this would be the point of putting a 360 driv einto an xbox, to try to read the game data off a 360 game, but of course it wont work

Romps

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 08:44:00 AM »

And wouldnt u have to reverse the motor for the eject ?

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 09:26:00 AM »

No special driver is needed for Windows to read regular DVDs. The old XDrive can function quite normally in a PC.

have you ever tried this? because it doesnt work, the bios reads the model, but thats it

oh BTW how did you wire power to it? my PC doesnt have a plug for the yellow cable (just for grins i had tried with my modded 616t)

What will happen if you put a 360 disk(not drive) in a modded box? Can you see the filesystem at all with boxplorer or FTP?

its been known for a while now that you only see a short video telling you to put the game in your 360, same as with xbox games in PC drives

justanotherdude

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 12:19:00 AM »

Okay, First off, I'm SOOOO sorry for bringing up such an old topic but this is bugging me sooo bad.

Alright, I have a collection of moderately old hardware that I want to build into an Ubuntu machine.  I have the mobo, memory, video card, monitor, LAN card, and HDD, but now, all's I need is a DVD drive.  I don't want to rip games onto my PC or anything, just use it as a PC Drive.  So, my idea is, Hook up the DVD drive like usual to the Xbox (DVD>Power Supply>Mobo> front Panel (Eject/Power) ) except plug an IDE from the DVD to my comp's mobo. will it work? Why/ Why not?