xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Any Progress On Getting Around Region Locked Games?  (Read 57 times)

Viper187666

• Archived User
Any Progress On Getting Around Region Locked Games?
« on: April 26, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »

I'm curious as to what software exploits, etc are around for simply playing imports. I have an NTSC console and would very much like to get it to play the Pal version of Burnout Paradise because the bastards didn't release the extra content (Ultimate Box) on disc for NTSC. Is it possible to change a console's region at least? I'm running some version of NXE. I'm all offline (dialup, no broadband in the area), so it doesn't get updated since the initial NXE unless it's required for a game. I'm also curious if the save data itself is region locked or if I could beat everything in the NTSC version before getting the import, even if I had to copy it to an import console at some point using an Xport.

Bazdoctor

• Archived User
Any Progress On Getting Around Region Locked Games?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 03:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(Viper187666 @ Apr 27 2009, 02:39 AM) *

I'm curious as to what software exploits, etc are around for simply playing imports. I have an NTSC console and would very much like to get it to play the Pal version of Burnout Paradise because the bastards didn't release the extra content (Ultimate Box) on disc for NTSC. Is it possible to change a console's region at least? I'm running some version of NXE. I'm all offline (dialup, no broadband in the area), so it doesn't get updated since the initial NXE unless it's required for a game. I'm also curious if the save data itself is region locked or if I could beat everything in the NTSC version before getting the import, even if I had to copy it to an import console at some point using an Xport.

Next time please read the forums before posting a whole paragraph on the reasons why you wish to change your consoles region. This question has been asked a billion times and yes the answer is NO.