xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Weird Gamesave Bug  (Read 42 times)

Pigdaddy

• Archived User
Weird Gamesave Bug
« on: October 02, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »

Hi all,

I played the game Shutoku Battle X some months ago and went through the game. I rented Import Tuner Challenge (US/Eur version of Shutoku) and I didn't want to go through the whole game again. I transferred my Shutoku save on the right directory so Import Tuner recognizes it.

It worked, loaded and there the weird things began, the cars I had were not the same, the controls were messed up, I went out of the garage then came back and some video appeared (video I wasn't supposed to see) then I went to a PA and launched a race, I begin and as soon as I hit a wall, weird crash, image freezed with some "characters" blinking over it.

Now the weirdest part is that I rebooted the system and after having made a weird noise, same graphics artefacts and freeze on the spinning xbox 360 logo.

EDIT : The gamesave is uploaded here http://360gamesaves.com/search.php?act=view&id=908

This post has been edited by Pigdaddy: Oct 2 2006, 06:16 PM

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Weird Gamesave Bug
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 06:14:00 AM »

Sounds like the GameSav was correctly signed - so it was accepted/read, but that the internal structure of the GameSav had changed during localization.

Interesting  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) , but probably of limited use as the data in the GameSav is limited to what either "Shutoku Battle X", or "Import Tuner Challenge" will write.

This post has been edited by PedrosPad: Oct 3 2006, 01:15 PM

lllsondowlll

• Archived User
Weird Gamesave Bug
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 09:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pigdaddy @ Oct 2 2006, 05:42 PM) *

Now the weirdest part is that I rebooted the system and after having made a weird noise, same graphics artefacts and freeze on the spinning xbox 360 logo.

EDIT : The gamesave is uploaded here http://360gamesaves.com/search.php?act=view&id=908id=908[/url]

Yeah... no thanks. If that gamesave did do what you say it did "crash at reboot" then it seems mildy harmful/stressful to the xbox360. but none the less an interesting find and something to scratch your head on.

Pigdaddy

• Archived User
Weird Gamesave Bug
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »

UPDATE : This save destroyed my xbox 360...

Now it crashes like this in every game I use, from demos to retail games. It doesn't crash when there are some videos playing or at title screens, only when the system shows intense 3D data.

Hopefully, my warranty will cover that...

Anyway a 360 annihilator gamesave is rather weird... Could it have messed up with some internals ? I tried to play without HD and mem card too, there the logo won't show till the end... same crash...

At least I've got my japanese 360 to play some games...

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Weird Gamesave Bug
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 08:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Pigdaddy @ Oct 5 2006, 05:36 PM) *

UPDATE : This save destroyed my xbox 360...

Now it crashes like this in every game I use, from demos to retail games. It doesn't crash when there are some videos playing or at title screens, only when the system shows intense 3D data.

Hopefully, my warranty will cover that...

Anyway a 360 annihilator gamesave is rather weird... Could it have messed up with some internals ? I tried to play without HD and mem card too, there the logo won't show till the end... same crash...

I was going to suggest you pop the HDD off and remove any MemPaks to deny the console access to persistent storage (give it amnesia), and retry the demos/other games.  You say you've done that already and the problem persisted.  Very odd.

Technically, the only other known place that could have been adjusted is the console's Flash memory, but this is distinctly unlikely.

I now wonder if the connection with the Save is false, and you console has simply coincidently developed a hardware fault.

Check both ends of your video cable are firmly connected in the first instance (the working game pre-rendered video is probably not being shown at the demanding 60fps, whereas the in-game 3D is!).

This post has been edited by PedrosPad: Oct 6 2006, 04:29 PM