xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nme V.2  (Read 288 times)

birch97

• Archived User
Nme V.2
« on: March 09, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(doom1 @ Mar 3 2011, 05:23 AM) View Post

ok i know u guy may be annoyed for this kind of newbie question but, i look through the forum and i couldnt find answers for my questions.

OK i got this Xbox360 as a gift. all i know is that the console is modchip with nme v2. but i dnt really know what that means.. the console reads backups and everything. OK here are my questions.

1. To make the nme v2 work did they install any kind of software on the xbox, or they just put the chip inside and  automatically reads the backups? if there is any kind of software installed in the console, how do i find out which version and where can i check for the most recent version of the software?

No software, just the chip

2. What are the advantages and disvantages of the modchip? i mean i know u can flash ur drive or install the modchip. whats the difference between them?

Advantages - no flashing required; Disadvantages - will not play any games from about Nov 2010 onward

3. How do you create backups so the nme v2 can read them? i have another xbox (the one that i usually use) i have many games, one of them is mvc3 i tried makiing a backup for the game and play it on the nme but didnt work. (I made the iso, then burned it with nme associator but didnt work)

Newer games have to be patched to a earlier wave first.

4. will the nme v2 read any games? (i mean i know theres some kind of "wave" for the games but im not sure how that works...)

Up until the Nov. dash update

5. how about emulators? can i install them in the xbox?

No

Thanks in adavanced. I just wanna be ignorant once. thats why i ask a lot of question i dnt like beiing ignarant  forever.

smile.gif

Dark Mod

• Archived User
Nme V.2
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »

Hey bro.
Unfortunately the NME chip is a thing of the past since firmware mod gets updated regularly sad.gif
In order to get a backup running you have to get this associator called the NME associator from team underdog's website.
But it no longer have kind of support for it...only option is to remove the chip and install the latest LT+ for your drive.

No the NME chip can't run emulators, only NME patched games.

Hope this helps smile.gif

4_Node_BBS

• Archived User
Nme V.2
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 02:09:00 AM »

I have a NME2 box with updated dash from Nascar 2011: The Game. I can get Assassins Creed Brotherhood to work now after patching with the NME-360 Associator v0.3b. I also had other games released in 2011 to work fine. I will try Fable 3 and some others in time and post my findings if anyone is interested.

4_Node_BBS

• Archived User
Nme V.2
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »

Finally tried Fable 3 it works fine. My dashboard is v2.0.12625.0 w/NME2. All past dashboard updates were from disc. This box has never been connected to the net.

Solcuz

• Archived User
Nme V.2
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(4_Node_BBS @ May 25 2011, 05:53 AM) View Post

Finally tried Fable 3 it works fine. My dashboard is v2.0.12625.0 w/NME2. All past dashboard updates were from disc. This box has never been connected to the net.

do you try to play Pro 2012 with the NME??